What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

I also enjoyed Men in Kilts on Starz. It stars two of the Outlander actors touring around Scotland. 30 minute light hearted episodes.

Made for Love ( HBO Max ) is what I'm watching now. Episodes are short, and there are only 5 released so far (new ones on Thursday). Disclosure: Character Herringbone is my brother.

The show is about a super rich tech inventor that lives in a holodeck kind of place and his wife, who must deal with his extreme, controlling personality.

anyone know where you can stream resident alien for free? I watched the first 6 episodes on peacock for free and it was good.

DW and I just finished The Bay, on Britbox. Very well done with very intricate plots. We don't usually binge watch but we watched this one every night because otherwise it would have been too easy to forget plot points.

I recently read that they started filming series 3 in mid-March but unfortunately Morven Christie has left the show and it will feature a different main character. It will be quite a while until the new shows become available in the US, I'm sure.

We're running through British procedurals having finished Shetland, Scott & Bailey, and almost finished Loch Ness.

Finished watching The Serpent on Netflix (8 episodes I think) which is based on a true story. Can't remember who recommended it, but it was pretty good.

I've watched the first two episodes of the irreverent Polish sex comedy Sexify on Netflix. I must be seriously out-of-date with modern socio-cultural-religious trends in Poland (of course, I was never really in touch with such trends :) ) - how was such a series produced in Poland? :confused: Anyway, the series is cute so far and definitely relevant for millennials. :popcorn:

I've watched the first two episodes of the irreverent Polish sex comedy Sexify on Netflix. I must be seriously out-of-date with modern socio-cultural-religious trends in Poland (of course, I was never really in touch with such trends :) ) - how was such a series produced in Poland? :confused: Anyway, the series is cute so far and definitely relevant for millennials. :popcorn:

Sex and religion do not mix in Poland (source: I grew up there). I watched uncensored Last Tango in Paris on Polish TV when I was a kid and it was never a big deal. Incidentally a somewhat scandalous and very popular Netflix release from last year: 365 Days was produced in Poland. They really don't care.

Poland, while considered very religious, is after all catholic - not quite comparable to the US version of christianity with its puritanical streak - confession takes care of the sins of the flesh in a pinch :angel:. Secondly however, religion in Poland is informally institutionalized which makes it easy to ignore - or despise if you're young. Church and state are very close, religion is is taught in schools and the pressure on the population to adhere to the catholic doctrine is felt everywhere. It's tolerated, ignored, shrugged off and celebrated around holidays but I have never met anyone who would read or even own the bible :)

Watched the first three episodes of Victoria, a believable fictional account of her early years as Queen. Illustrates the many pressures on a royal.

Season 4 of Handmaid's Tale is now up. I've been addicted since the beginning, so I'm now getting my fix.

Watched the first three episodes of Victoria, a believable fictional account of her early years as Queen. Illustrates the many pressures on a royal.

Victoria is one of my favorite PBS Masterpiece series. I like historical fiction

Any sign of Line of Duty Season 6? Supposed to be available in US on Britbox “in May” but I’m not sure when.

Thanks for the suggestion of Lilyhammer - I’m enjoying it.
I also started watching The Flight Attendant and enjoying that too. Clever dialog.

Britbox
Line of Duty season 6
May 18th (per my email from them this evening)

I just saw that The Blacklist is back on, after the Covid shutdown. But they're on something like episode 15 already. Anyone know how to watch the back episodes? Hulu wants you to pay $65/month (Absolutely ridiculous!), and my cable provider only supplies a few episodes as On Demand.

Any sign of Line of Duty Season 6? Supposed to be available in US on Britbox “in May” but I’m not sure when.

Thanks for the suggestion of Lilyhammer - I’m enjoying it.
I also started watching The Flight Attendant and enjoying that too. Clever dialog.

Britbox is the sole provider of new "Line of Duty" episodes in the U.S. and Season 6 will begin on May 18th.

https://www.britbox.com/us/season/Line_of_Duty_S6_10097227

I just saw that The Blacklist is back on, after the Covid shutdown. But they're on something like episode 15 already. Anyone know how to watch the back episodes? Hulu wants you to pay $65/month (Absolutely ridiculous!), and my cable provider only supplies a few episodes as On Demand.

You can only get 5 back episodes for free from on-demand or Peacock. You can buy the first 10 for $2 or $3 per episode from Amazon Prime, Google Play, Vudu, etc. Or you can do a free trial for Hulu or Fubo, binge it quickly, then cancel. Or if you have Netflix, wait for the whole of season 8 to show up.

What new series are you watching?

I am watching the new Masterpiece show--Atlantic Crossing (about WWII and FDR and the Norwegian Crown Princess).

I’ve been enjoying this one too.

As a long-time Twin Peaks fan(atic), it’s a bonus to see Kyle MacLachlan as FDR!

I’ve been enjoying this one too.

As a long-time Twin Peaks fan(atic), it’s a bonus to see Kyle MacLachlan as FDR!

We've been watching this one, too. Not sure how much of the story "inspired by true events" I believe really happened, but it's quite entertaining.

Hard to believe the real Pook's Hill was located at Rockville Pike and the Beltway.

Twin Peaks, shucks. All I can think of when I see Kyle MacLachlan is Dune.

I've started Season 1 of the science fiction show The Expanse, recommended several times previously. I expect every episode to be my last because I don't like shows where every single character is cynical and hard-bitten, where the writers are trying to introduce some bizarre lingering mystery, where there's a lot of violence, etc. But!!! Like Scheherazade's monarch, I keep coming back for another story. I think it's because the setting - the early settlement of the solar system - is so nuanced and believable. And the characters are gradually unfolding, becoming more three dimensional. I'll watch another episode tonight, and am looking forward to it!

I've started Season 1 of the science fiction show The Expanse, recommended several times previously. I expect every episode to be my last because I don't like shows where every single character is cynical and hard-bitten, where the writers are trying to introduce some bizarre lingering mystery, where there's a lot of violence, etc. But!!! Like Scheherazade's monarch, I keep coming back for another story. I think it's because the setting - the early settlement of the solar system - is so nuanced and believable. And the characters are gradually unfolding, becoming more three dimensional. I'll watch another episode tonight, and am looking forward to it!

Great tip, thanks! Looks just right for a bit of Friday night binging... :blink:

Back
Top Bottom