What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

I've recently started watching "Dix pour cent" (English: "10%"), titled in English as "Call My Agent!". Available on Netflix streaming. I'm watching this primarily for French language practice, but the show's premise is clever and the first two episodes I've watched (Season 1) have been well done. The cigarette smoking is disgusting - is that still a common habit in Paris these days? :confused:

If you liked the sopranos you would enjoy lilyhammer. steve vanZant's character from sopranos joins the witness protection program and moves to norway. very good.

Yes! We absolutely loved this series. So sad when it ended.

We just finished line of duty. Excellent series, though didn’t like how the last season ended. Now watching Blood, which is also quite good.

HBO, My Brilliant Friend. A beautiful but realistic coming of age story in Naples, Italy in the 50's-early60's. It is subtitled and based an the novel of the same name.

Just finished watching episodes 7 and 8 of ESPN's Last Dance. Just great-- for all sports fans, Jordan fans, Chicago Bulls fans. One of the best sports documentaries I have ever watched. I really hope sports can start again soon, even without fans.

Just Started Watching "The Night of", gotta say UK crime dramas are WAY better done. Never The Less, this is watchable, if some what slow. Why is it people are ALWAYS assumed guilty until proven innocent, seems like it is contradictory to what is right. Seems like the court of public opinion / social media misinformation is rampant.

Last edited:
To finish off our free 1 month of cbs.com all access, we watched the 2 seasons of "Tell me a Story".

We enjoyed them the stories worked well, I won't say more to not spoil it, but it was worth watching.

I cancelled our service, and found out when cancelling, it will let you watch until the free month ends, so I could have cancelled out the day after I signed up. They don't have enough movies or shows to keep it for even 2 months.

I have been a fan of so many classic series it would fill a book. From the 50's to the 90's. Yet I really can't name any series or program that has grabbed my attention in at least the last ten years. So with all that said what new or recent series is anyone watching or would recommend giving it a try?

I am a bit tired of the old shows and would like to think there is something worth while I am missing. It could be comedy, drama, adventure, I don't care as long as it is entertaining and on a cable network or regular OTA TV network. Any suggestions?
DW and I have been binge watching Billions, Homeland, and now the Purge.

ESPN announced they will be showing more sports documentaries. The success of The Last Dance spurred this decision. So set your DVR to the next documentary, I think it's about Lance Armstrong.

This seems to be a dull timein terms of the major network shows that we usually watch. We have been enjoying Council of Dads, The Baker and the Beauty and World on Fire and Baptiste on PBS.

I have suggested this before but one of my favorite shows is on PBS Masterpiece--Call the Midwife-about midwife nuns in the 50s in London. About its 8th season or so but I think all are available on PBS Passport for $5 per month. There are babies being born so the squeamish may have to close their eyes. But an excellent show, I highly recommend it.

Not new, but we just watched a couple of episodes of Amazons, Electric Dreams. Based on Phillip K. Dick short stories. Very good so far.

I have suggested this before but one of my favorite shows is on PBS Masterpiece--Call the Midwife-about midwife nuns in the 50s in London. About its 8th season or so but I think all are available on PBS Passport for $5 per month. There are babies being born so the squeamish may have to close their eyes. But an excellent show, I highly recommend it.

It appears as though all 8 seasons are also currently on Netflix.

I've recently started watching "Dix pour cent" (English: "10%"), titled in English as "Call My Agent!". Available on Netflix streaming. I'm watching this primarily for French language practice...

Finished the first season of "Dix pour cent" today - great French practice! I haven't lived in France for over 20 years, but I've retained much of the vocabulary :dance: . I never did master the intricacies of French grammar, so it's not surprising that I still have trouble with that. When I start dreaming in French, you'll know that I'm back :D .

To help me regain my French language ability, it would be handy if the actors and actresses:
(1) speak at 1/2 their normal rate,
(2) enunciate clearly,
(3) use vocabulary and grammar appropriate for elementary school kids, and
(4) avoid slang.
However, if this were to happen the show would be much less enjoyable for native French speakers, so this ain't gonna happen. :)

Finished "The Night Of", while it is good to see what unnessary incarceration does to a relatively normal person, then ending was underwhelming IOHO.

I just finished the 'expanse' on amazon. The first three SyFy seasons seemed better than the Amazon season.

Maybe not new...but we just watched episode 1 of New Blood...so far, so good:

We just finish "Into the night". While the acting IMO, isn't stellar, the suspense of the show kept us coming back until there was no more. I don't know if the series limited episodes of 6 was planned or covid-19 affected. I saw that each episode were named after 6 of the 11 characters so perhaps they had scheduled 11 episodes. Looking forward to the 2nd season, if it is renewed.

We just finished “Beforeigners” on HBO. It’s a Norwegian production with English subtitles, takes place in Oslo, when people from the past suddenly begin appearing, in substantial numbers. The name means “foreigners from before”. It’s not sci-fi but drama with a novel approach. Season 1 was 6 one hour episodes, and it was entertaining.

Started watching Hart of Dixie on netflix. Kinda silly but fun to watch. Helps to be from the south.

We just finished “Beforeigners” on HBO. It’s a Norwegian production with English subtitles, takes place in Oslo, when people from the past suddenly begin appearing, in substantial numbers. The name means “foreigners from before”. It’s not sci-fi but drama with a novel approach. Season 1 was 6 one hour episodes, and it was entertaining.
Do you mean "dead" people? Or ghosts from the past?

Do you mean "dead" people? Or ghosts from the past?

People, alive in the past, suddenly appearing in the present. Some type of unexplained time portal. They lived primarily in three ages, Stone Age, Viking, and
Victoria, offering a nice contrast.

The show is not about time travel and makes no attempt to the explain the phenomenon. It is more a police drama with multiple storylines, one being the cultural and social shock.

Last edited:
People, alive in the past, suddenly appearing in the present. Some type of unexplained time portal. They lived primarily in three ages, Stone Age, Viking, and
Victoria, offering a nice contrast.

The show is not about time travel and makes no attempt to the explain the phenomenon. It is more a police drama with multiple storylines, one being the cultural and social shock.
Oh, a bit like Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Kidding. I'll tune in, I like that kind of story line.

You might want to log in and check your account.
CBS has a habit of removing your second free month, and reportedly even charging your CC a few days before the billing date they list on free trials.

I checked my and sure enough, they removed the 2nd free month, so I have to binge watch big time :LOL:
They lied.

They removed the 2nd month on me. My credit card was charged $10.71 on May 6.

Back
Top Bottom