What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

We just finished “Beforeigners” on HBO. It’s a Norwegian production with English subtitles, takes place in Oslo, when people from the past suddenly begin appearing, in substantial numbers. The name means “foreigners from before”. It’s not sci-fi but drama with a novel approach. Season 1 was 6 one hour episodes, and it was entertaining.

Sounds interesting.

Along these same lines, there was a show on ABC a couple of years ago called "The Crossing" where about a hundred people washed up on shore near a small town in Oregon, some of them dead, some alive. The government put the survivors in a campground for observation and it turns out they are from 180 years in the future.

Started strong and lost some steam, but it kept me intrigued so I watched the whole thing.

Sounds interesting.

Along these same lines, there was a show on ABC a couple of years ago called "The Crossing" where about a hundred people washed up on shore near a small town in Oregon, some of them dead, some alive. The government put the survivors in a campground for observation and it turns out they are from 180 years in the future.

Started strong and lost some steam, but it kept me intrigued so I watched the whole thing.

Thanks, I’ll keep that show on my prospect list.

Just finished season 5 of Outlander on Starz. Really enjoyed the series. Suppose to be a 6th season but who knows when they or anything series can start filming again.....

I had a 2 month trial with CBS and had the same issue ... they charged my card a few days before one month was over. If you call them and tell them that this is an error, they will refund the charge. I did that and got a 10.81 refund.

I am enjoying "The Last Dance" documentary on Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. I did not watch it when broadcast, but waited until all episodes were available to stream before I started. I enjoy how they have edited it, going not purely linear, and the interviews/commentary by participants that span 35+ years. Youngest DS, for whom Kobe Bryant and LeBron James are more current memories, is fascinated by seeing how good Jordan was during those years.

I had a 2 month trial with CBS and had the same issue ... they charged my card a few days before one month was over. If you call them and tell them that this is an error, they will refund the charge. I did that and got a 10.81 refund.
It cost me 7 1/2 minutes, but I was waiting for a zoom meeting to start, so no big deal.

The rep said "our system didn't accept the additional 30 day promo code" (that I typed into the account field after signing up).

But the rep agreed to the refund "as a one-time courtesy".

Then, by alluding to the fact that "so many of you guys" run into this, she basically admitted that this is pretty much how it's designed to work. In other words, they designed it so you think you get 60 and you really get 30. Makes me really want to do more business with them :cool:

I am enjoying "The Last Dance" documentary on Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. I did not watch it when broadcast, but waited until all episodes were available to stream before I started. I enjoy how they have edited it, going not purely linear, and the interviews/commentary by participants that span 35+ years. Youngest DS, for whom Kobe Bryant and LeBron James are more current memories, is fascinated by seeing how good Jordan was during those years.

I love it too. Am all caught up except for Episode 10. Only thing I don't like is the skipping around, but everything else is great. Jordan was a self-driven, take-no-prisoners beast. I gotta admire that, even if he left some relationship carnage in his wake.

Sunday ESPN will do a two-part 4 hour documentary on Lance Armstrong.

Sounds like he will try to tell his side of the doping.

Medici on Netflix. We started with Season 1 back in 2017. Just found season 2 and 3. It's quite impressive to see how the Vatican literally ruled half the world in the 14-1500's. I realize how grateful I am for the Medici influence and what it took to manipulate power, money, religion to make the world a better place centuries into the future.

DW pulled me into Dead To Me on Netflix. Dark comedy about two grieving women who meet up under strange circumstances. Season 1 kept my attention; starting Season 2 now. Filled a void after Ozark.

We finished Dead to me, last night. We are new To Netflix and watched both seasons this week.

I

DW pulled me into Dead To Me on Netflix. Dark comedy about two grieving women who meet up under strange circumstances. Season 1 kept my attention; starting Season 2 now. Filled a void after Ozark.
Really enjoyed "Dead to Me." I like Season 2 finale. Lips are sealed.

DS introduced me to the IT Crowd several years ago when I was visiting him but we didn't have Netflix until last year so I never finished watching it. It's a nerdy British comedy series about an IT department. I felt the need to laugh out loud so watched a couple of episodes recently and it did the trick. Of course, since I spent my career in IT, it's especially funny, but those of you who have ever called a help desk will also relate.

Worth watching?
Everyone's tastes are different, Wahoo, but I believe you would enjoy it. Each episode is only 30 minutes or so, so your investment's minimal if you cut bait after a few episodes. Make sure you watch the first two though.

Really enjoyed "Dead to Me." I like Season 2 finale. Lips are sealed.
Thanks for not spoiling it! :dance:

During the shutdown, we have watched all four seasons of "The Man in the High Castle", a Ken Burns' documentary series about the Dust Bowl, and a slightly fictionalized series about the life of Madam C.J. Walker, the founder of the eponymous hair care empire.

We have started watching "Call the Midwife" , have seen about 5 episodes so far.
It's quite a perspective of life in that area and time (starts in 1957).
It's certainly not a comedy and seems pretty realistic.
We will keep watching it, although DW can only handle a couple of episodes per night.

DS introduced me to the IT Crowd several years ago when I was visiting him but we didn't have Netflix until last year so I never finished watching it. It's a nerdy British comedy series about an IT department. I felt the need to laugh out loud so watched a couple of episodes recently and it did the trick. Of course, since I spent my career in IT, it's especially funny, but those of you who have ever called a help desk will also relate.

Yes! The IT Crowd.

Well, not really a crowd, er, more like three people.

Who work in the basement. Well, not really work, more like hang out.

But YEAH! Funny.

Moss Popcorn.gif

Back
Top Bottom