A personal Covid Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent outcome. You are all to be congratulated for getting through this challenging health event. :):):)

Congratulations to you all! :dance:

A bit surprise he isn't trying to milk the experience for more days of that wonderful hospital food, but it is what it is. :angel:

Great news, Alan!!

Hooray...he should be home soon, the liver is just amazing at healing itself...If we needed any proof that Covid is a bad boy, highly elevated liver numbers can mean your body was in big time trouble. After my DH surgery event where is almost bled out his liver numbers were in the 500 range,,,but within a week or two days they were back to almost normal range. I'm sure Jeffery with continue to feel weak while his body is busy healing itself.

What kind contact has his workplace made since that was where he got infected?

Such wonderful news.
So happy for you family, Alan, and I thank your sharing your story with us and allowing this forum to support you with prayers.

Wonderful news!

When our older son was 28 he had his gallbladder removed. It was a fairly simple outpatient laparoscopy procedure. We invited him to come stay with us for a few days just so we knew we could keep track of him. They had him on pain meds and not knowing how much he'd be taking we all figured it would be good for him to be monitored. Also, I could watch his appetite and check for post op issues.

He stayed 2 nights with us and that was it. He was anxious to get back to his own place. But we were all glad that he was with us after discharge.

Alan, your son will need to be watched after for quite a while. I hope he lets you hug him as often as you and his Mom need to! This time with him will be extra special.

What a relief it will be to have him out of the hospital. Keep us posted!

Last edited:
What kind contact has his workplace made since that was where he got infected?

Up until he went on the ventilator he was in daily contact with his manager, and before he went under he gave me his manager’s cell phone and I kept him up to date including over the weekend.

I expect he is in regular contact again now that he is much better.

He has just been discharged, he has his paperwork and is now just waiting for the hospital pharmacy to deliver his meds then we will pick him up.

He is being sent home with an oximeter which he has to use regularly and he will be contacted each day by the hospital to check on progress. He has an appointment for blood work on Thursday morning.

His sense of taste and smell is back and he is eating well apparently.

Up until he went on the ventilator he was in daily contact with his manager, and before he went under he gave me his manager’s cell phone and I kept him up to date including over the weekend.

He has just been discharged, he has his paperwork and is now just waiting for the hospital pharmacy to deliver his meds then we will pick him up.

He is being sent home with an oximeter which he has to use regularly and he will be contacted each day by the hospital to check on progress. He has an appointment for blood work on Thursday morning.

So Thankful that he is well enough to come home and take one more step to normal life. God Bless you all

....He has just been discharged, he has his paperwork and is now just waiting for the hospital pharmacy to deliver his meds then we will pick him up....

That is wonderful news.... so thankful for a positive outcome and I hope he improves each day from here on out.

OMG, what a huge relief!! So happy to hear he's coming home.

Eating well now is great news. And he got is smell sense back quickly compared to my daughter and BF. Dang virus hits in so many different ways. I wonder if we'll ever figure out why. But at fantastic Jeffrey is getting out.

Thank you, Lord, for caring for Jeffrey and providing him with great care!
Alan, I’m so happy for all of you! What a relief this is for your family!

So perhaps it was the inflamed liver causing all the horrible digestive issues?

(Bolded emphasis mine)

FANTASTIC!!! I am so happy for you and your family. What a huge relief this must be. His quick recovery is what we were all hoping for. :D :dance: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom