Autumn 2021 update on our situation

Excellent news, W2R, glad you're on the mend at home!

Wow, this is news to me. I just had to trace the history of this back to the Ida-related threads. Glad to hear you and your S. O. are OK! Wishing you all the best.

Just saw this. W2R so glad you are back home now, but sorry to hear that you are dealing with this on top of Ida and evacuating to Tennessee. Best wishes for continued recovery. You have had a lot of bad stuff to deal with this past month.

I am sooo glad Frank remembered to pack his superhero cape for your Ida evacuation so he could swoop you back to NO and keep you safe when you fell ill. There will be plenty of time for whee-ing later on, so rest up now and regain your strength and follow doctor’s orders and Frank’s too! Hugs.

W2R, I see that you are online as I post this. How about an update on how you are doing - well, I hope? Inquiring minds want to know... :D

W2R, I see that you are online as I post this. How about an update on how you are doing - well, I hope? Inquiring minds want to know... :D

Guessing she's knocked pretty flat right now. A simple "thumbs up" from the patient would soothe our concerns...if you are up to it!

Sleeping half the hours each day, feeling better (but of course this is not instant! :D) . We are not up to actually DOING anything fascinating yet, but we'll get there. Frank has been wonderful, doing my laundry and dishes as I doze. This afternoon he plans to make a nice lunch sandwich for me out of fresh tomatos and swiss cheese. Then, more sleep!

Sleeping half the hours each day, feeling better (but of course this is not instant! :D) . We are not up to actually DOING anything fascinating yet, but we'll get there. Frank has been wonderful, doing my laundry and dishes as I doze. This afternoon he plans to make a nice lunch sandwich for me out of fresh tomatos and swiss cheese. Then, more sleep!

Thanks so much W2R for checking in with us again. NOW, get some sleep! :flowers: :greetings10:

Healing is hard work and so is being a caretaker....soldier on...:flowers:

Thank you for the update. Keep getting better and hope you can get back to your daily routine soon enough.

P.S. Franks sounds wonderful and he has company too, as I am in charge of all laundry.:D

So good to hear from you! Rest certainly does the body good and fresh tomatoes...mmm, so yummy! :flowers:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, W2R! Looking forward to hearing more about this whole ordeal when you feel up to sharing it with us.

Sounds like kindness, love, and healing are going on. Keep going :)

Thank you for taking time to give us an update. You have many folks here who have been worried and care for you!
Rest and recover. Give Frank a hug for taking such good care of you, he sounds like a gem.

Nice to hear from you. Take it easy and get better.

I'm so glad you are HOME!

Ditto on everyone's thoughts. Frank's a keeper for sure. It's great that he appreciates you and demonstrates his love.

Reactions: W2R
Sleep is so important to healing. Enjoy doing nothing... Maybe you'll feel up to playing animal crossing (or whichever game is your current fave) in a few days. In the meantime, sleep, then take a nap, then go to bed early. LOL

Sleeping is healing so that's good news!

Good morning!

I awakened an hour or two ago, for no particular reason, and thought, "Hey! I wonder if I lost any weight while in the hospital fighting off this dreadful illness! I mean why not, it could happen, right?"

So, I got up and weighed myself, and was amazed to find out that I lost over 18 pounds without even knowing it! Pretty cool! :dance: OK, back to bed

I awakened an hour or two ago, for no particular reason, and thought, "Hey! I wonder if I lost any weight while in the hospital fighting off this dreadful illness! I mean why not, it could happen, right?"

So, I got up and weighed myself, and was amazed to find out that I lost over 18 pounds without even knowing it! Pretty cool! :dance: OK, back to bed

Our son had a similar experience. At least you won’t have to worry about ill-fitting clothes when you go back to work :)

Wow! Eighteen pounds is a lot!

Glad Frank is taking such good care of you, and hope you feel all better soon.

DH was “disappointed” he didn’t lose weight when he caught COVID. But mostly he was grateful he didn’t get too sick. You sound like you are slowly on the mend, thank goodness. Sleep well!

Not a good way to lost weight, but it could be worse! At least you felt good enough to think about it...

Back
Top Bottom