Autumn 2021 update on our situation

Hey there young lady, glad your still improving. Bye the way i found 10 of those pounds on my butt. Keep on doing better and we will keep you in mind.

W2R is posting quite a bit the last few days, just not on this thread.

Hi, everyone! I'm still improving, slowly but surely. I get impatient with how slow it is, and then Frank reminds me of how I am so much better off than a week ago. :LOL:

Latest endeavor is to work on getting stronger and more used to doing normal household tasks. Like, picking up laundry, putting away dishes, or going through mail. It's annoying because these tasks used to be so easy. But, I have to build back up to doing even simple stuff again. It won't be long.

Still don't have those 23 pounds back! :D

Step by step/day by day you will improve and get stronger.
Glad you continue on the mend.
My old nursing line as folks left the hospital many years ago: Rest when your body tells you too, eat light healthy meals, drink plenty of liquids. Rest and recover, your body will do this work for you if you let it. :)

Take Care

As a super general rule of thumb after any hospitalization, it's about a week of recovery - back to normal strength and energy - for every day you were in-patient. +/- depending on how well you are when you are released and other stressors and condition stuff.

Resting is healing, so don't push!

As a super general rule of thumb after any hospitalization, it's about a week of recovery - back to normal strength and energy - for every day you were in-patient. +/- depending on how well you are when you are released and other stressors and condition stuff.

Resting is healing, so don't push!

I've heard that too.a week for a day..had to keep reminding DH after his surgery.

Last week it was 18. Be careful, or you'll waste away to nothing!:)

Well, according to the discharge paperwork from the hospital which I have in front of me at the moment, it's more than 23. Also I can confirm that I am the same weight today as the day I was discharged. When I try to remember both the weights off the top of my head and subtract them, I get into "COVID brain fog" territory and who knows what I might come up with.:duh:

How about if we compromise and call it "about a ton and a half?" :ROFLMAO: Whatever it is, it's more than I have ever before lost before by accident, and I am quite happy that it has stayed off.

Not picking on you. Just concerned. Possibly I have brain fog too, as some of my posts seem to be going awry of late. Keep getting better!
Well, according to the discharge paperwork from the hospital which I have in front of me at the moment, it's more than 23. Also I can confirm that I am the same weight today as the day I was discharged. When I try to remember both the weights off the top of my head and subtract them, I get into "COVID brain fog" territory and who knows what I might come up with.:duh:

How about if we compromise and call it "about a ton and a half?" :ROFLMAO: Whatever it is, it's more than I have ever before lost before by accident, and I am quite happy that it has stayed off.

As long as it's not 18 plus 23, that would be extreme, you'd probably be missing a limb...:dance:

Our med place uses MYChart you can go back and read the hospital notes, random things that I never remembered are listed there.

At least something good came out of your illness. Maybe you will be close to 100% by the holidays.

It's great to have you back, posting.

Just keep in mind, anything you don't get done in the house today will wait until tomorrow - or the next day!:flowers:

Be sure to pace yourself. You will gain more stamina every day.

Best wishes for a full recovery.

Update, 3 weeks after Frank "rescued" me from ICU in Northern Arkansas and brought me back home:

I am so much happier here in my own home and familiar surroundings. During my weeks in the hospital I did not see one single human other than medical personnel, nobody at all that I knew (since they didn't want anybody to catch the virus) which is understandable; still, that's harder to endure than I would have thought. Much happier now. :)

Haven't gained any weight back yet! :dance: AND, we are still enjoying 1-2 Dunkin Donuts blueberry muffins, with cafe au lait, every morning for breakfast. I couldn't eat like this before without gaining, so I think I must be using a lot of calories in healing and recovery. I'm trying to be more active although when my body says "stop", I have to stop (plus I have been using my rollator walker when I think I need it.) Getting stronger every day but naturally it's a long process. Usually I have plenty of energy in the mornings, and then by mid afternoon it's gone.... but Frank still spends plenty of time over here helping me out when I need help. What a Champion! :D

Update, 3 weeks after Frank "rescued" me from ICU in Northern Arkansas and brought me back home:

I am so much happier here in my own home and familiar surroundings. During my weeks in the hospital I did not see one single human other than medical personnel, nobody at all that I knew (since they didn't want anybody to catch the virus) which is understandable; still, that's harder to endure than I would have thought. Much happier now. :)

Haven't gained any weight back yet! :dance: AND, we are still enjoying 1-2 Dunkin Donuts blueberry muffins, with cafe au lait, every morning for breakfast. I couldn't eat like this before without gaining, so I think I must be using a lot of calories in healing and recovery. I'm trying to be more active although when my body says "stop", I have to stop (plus I have been using my rollator walker when I think I need it.) Getting stronger every day but naturally it's a long process. Usually I have plenty of energy in the mornings, and then by mid afternoon it's gone.... but Frank still spends plenty of time over here helping me out when I need help. What a Champion! :D

So glad your recovery continues to progress well. Sounds like Frank is a gem!

Reactions: W2R
Aww, what an ordeal! Glad you are back and sounding like your usual cheerful self!

Good to hear the update W2R.
You can now resume your goal of world's oldest woman.

Good progress W2R, thanks for taking the time to update us. So pleased that you have someone like Frank by your side, what a blessing.

That is great news and glad to see you improving.

Back
Top Bottom