CDC has approved 4th vaccine dose for some people

I got my second booster today. Only thing is an upset stomach, which I probably got because tomato sauce doesn’t like me as much as I like it.

I'm going for my 5th dose. Immunocompromised get 3 full doses, 1 booster and then a 2nd booster if they want it. That is with Moderna at least, and likely Pfizer, but I don't know that for sure. I'm waiting the 4 months minimum between booster 1 and 2. From the CDC website;

PRIMARY SERIES COVID-19 VACCINE
Moderna
Age Group:
18+ years

Number of Doses to Complete Primary Series and Timing:
3 doses

2nd dose given 4 weeks (28 days) after 1st dose
3rd dose given at least 4 weeks (28 days) after 2nd dose
Booster and Timing:
1 booster†

Given at least 3 months after 3rd dose*
*mRNA vaccine booster is preferred for people ages 18 years and older, but you may consider J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine in some situations.
Adults ages 18 years and older who are moderately or severely immunocompromised can choose to receive a 2nd booster (5th dose) of an mRNA vaccine at least 4 months after their first booster.

Last edited:
Got my 4th Moderna dose yesterday and like the 3 other doses it knocks me for a loop. Same symptoms as others, fever, tired, arm soreness and stomach somewhat sensitive. Hopefully, I will feel fine tomorrow, which is how it went from the other 3 doses.

On another note, did everyone see the recent news story about a man in Germany who got 87 doses? He was doing it so he could sell the German version of the vax cards. I don't know how much illegal profit he made, but 87 occasions of vaccine side effects like I've had seems like a tough way to make money. Of course, criminals by definition don't make the best life choices.

Got my 4th Moderna dose yesterday and like the 3 other doses it knocks me for a loop. Same symptoms as others, fever, tired, arm soreness and stomach somewhat sensitive. Hopefully, I will feel fine tomorrow, which is how it went from the other 3 doses.

On another note, did everyone see the recent news story about a man in Germany who got 87 doses? He was doing it so he could sell the German version of the vax cards. I don't know how much illegal profit he made, but 87 occasions of vaccine side effects like I've had seems like a tough way to make money. Of course, criminals by definition don't make the best life choices.

I saw the article about the German man getting the 87 vaccine shots so he could get fake vaccine cards and sell them. I wonder what affects all these vaccines had on him? If I remember the article correctly he was caught because he went twice to the same place for the shots and the staff recognized him. Not too bright.

Yeah. Not to mention the 40 other people who didn't even get their first doses.

Maybe one died. Murder by greed.

I saw the article about the German man getting the 87 vaccine shots so he could get fake vaccine cards and sell them. I wonder what affects all these vaccines had on him? If I remember the article correctly he was caught because he went twice to the same place for the shots and the staff recognized him. Not too bright.

I don’t think they use paper cards like we do. Most EU vaccination records tie into their nationalized health care schemes so they are digitized and have apps with QR codes accepted throughout the EU.

Germany had one of the lower rates of vaccinations in the EU but it mapped to rural vs. urban and former East Germany vs. West Germany.

So not sure what kind of faked cards they’d be selling. They either have an app with a QR code on screen which can be scanned or they can print out the QR code.

Now they’re not using vaccine passports like they were last year.

Yeah. Not to mention the 40 other people who didn't even get their first doses.

Maybe one died. Murder by greed.

What do you mean didn't even get their first doses, they never wanted to be vaccinated,this is the kind of stuff that goes on when government mandates things, people find ways to circumvent .

See, way in the beginning vaccine was meant to protect the receiver so you can't really murder yourself!

I had the J&J/Janssen initially last March, then a Janssen booster last Fall. No issues. Zero reactions. I received an email from my state health department saying I should go get a third booster. When I showed up at the clinic they told me there is no Janssen booster and that I should get the Pfizer. I felt fine in the hours after the shot, but once I went to bed, my body began to ache tremendously, I got a headache, my heart was racing. I am sitting typing this post now and still feel like I got whacked.

What do you mean didn't even get their first doses, they never wanted to be vaccinated,this is the kind of stuff that goes on when government mandates things, people find ways to circumvent .

See, way in the beginning vaccine was meant to protect the receiver so you can't really murder yourself!

Except that there is no vaccine mandate in Germany. Please try to keep politics out of this thread.

I got my second booster yesterday at a local CVS. All my vaccines have been Pfizer. Woke up this morning a little achy in the shoulders and back which seems just about what I had with the other doses. I took tylenol and will hang around at home today.

CVS had an easy site to make the appointment and plenty of appointments were available.

I don’t think they use paper cards like we do. Most EU vaccination records tie into their nationalized health care schemes so they are digitized and have apps with QR codes accepted throughout the EU.

\

I may be wrong, but don't most states now have vaccine providers feed there information on who got vaccinated to an electronic site that produces the QR code data we can access via an app for that?

Mine does. The only drawback is that, based upon my experience, it can take a month or two or three for that information to get digitized.

Except that there is no vaccine mandate in Germany. Please try to keep politics out of this thread.

Well there was some reason people wanted fake vaccine cards. I'm not a fan of calling people murderers ...but technically you are correct .Maybe a person's employer or travel plans mandated vaccines. But the original premise of my comments is really about human nature not politics. Us humans are experts at finding loopholes or workarounds.:D

I had the J&J/Janssen initially last March, then a Janssen booster last Fall. No issues. Zero reactions. I received an email from my state health department saying I should go get a third booster. When I showed up at the clinic they told me there is no Janssen booster and that I should get the Pfizer. I felt fine in the hours after the shot, but once I went to bed, my body began to ache tremendously, I got a headache, my heart was racing. I am sitting typing this post now and still feel like I got whacked.

That's too bad...I don't remember why they didn't approve the Janssen booster.

Got my second Pfizer booster last week. Unlike the first three shots I had absolutely zero side effects other than the slightest soreness at the jab site, probably just from the needle. DW reported the same.

Good news for my immune compromised DH. He had his 4th Moderna shot a couple of months ago. His doctor tested him for Covid antibodies recently and the results show that since the 4th booster his antibodies have increased substantially. So at this point the doctor is not recommending he take the Evushield antibody treatment. So for some people the 4th shot does really work.

I have also had my 4th Moderna shot, very little side effects, just a sore arm. I have had very little side effects for all 4 shots. It is strange to me that some people have substantial side effects and then some of us have almost no side effects.

I may be wrong, but don't most states now have vaccine providers feed there information on who got vaccinated to an electronic site that produces the QR code data we can access via an app for that?

Mine does. The only drawback is that, based upon my experience, it can take a month or two or three for that information to get digitized.

Many states and counties do have digitized vaccine records but it's usually up to individuals to get that information.

For the state of CA, they use the SmartCards format and that QR code can be pulled into the iOS Wallet app where it displays a QR code.

Some venues may be able to scan that code. SmartCards format is an open standard.

However, the QR codes used in Europe is their own format and they won't scan the codes from any states. It would really take the federal govt. having a common format for the country and negotiating that with other countries.

So for instance, EU accepts codes from the UK, Israel last year. They were also going to accept codes from Australia but now, they'd decided not to use vaccine passports this year, because they're hoping that the worst of the pandemic is over.

I pulled down my QR code, which shows 2 boosters now (took the second booster just about a week to two weeks ago). However, I don't ever expect it to be scanned anywhere.

It's more legible than the hand-written CDC card so I can maybe show it to someone who questions the information on the card.

Otherwise if there are other pandemics in our lifetimes, it would be nice to have some kind of vaccine passport, an opt-in thing, for people who travel and are willing to jump through a few hoops to do so.

Well there was some reason people wanted fake vaccine cards.

To get access to establishments like night clubs that required proof of vaccination and also travel to countries that require proof of vaccination.

Good news for my immune compromised DH. He had his 4th Moderna shot a couple of months ago. His doctor tested him for Covid antibodies recently and the results show that since the 4th booster his antibodies have increased substantially. So at this point the doctor is not recommending he take the Evushield antibody treatment. So for some people the 4th shot does really work.

I have also had my 4th Moderna shot, very little side effects, just a sore arm. I have had very little side effects for all 4 shots. It is strange to me that some people have substantial side effects and then some of us have almost no side effects.

Great news for your DH!

To get access to establishments like night clubs that required proof of vaccination and also travel to countries that require proof of vaccination.
I don't know if Europe had employers mandating vaccine. There were quite a few here that did mandate vaccines for their employees.

I don't know if Europe had employers mandating vaccine. There were quite a few here that did mandate vaccines for their employees.
I never said anything about employers and employees. The vaccination passports were for people attending nightclubs and other venues.

In the UK all 4 countries required proof of vaccination at one time or another to go to nightclubs, and large indoor events. When talk of proof of vaccination was required for nightclubs there was a rush of younger folks getting vaccine shots, so I expect other European countries had a similar response when their domestic vaccine passport requirements came in.

I never said anything about employers and employees. The vaccination passports were for people attending nightclubs and other venues.

In the UK all 4 countries required proof of vaccination at one time or another to go to nightclubs, and large indoor events. When talk of proof of vaccination was required for nightclubs there was a rush of younger folks getting vaccine shots, so I expect other European countries had a similar response when their domestic vaccine passport requirements came in.

No real world wide standard I understand that. I was just wondering. I know a couple of people who switched jobs. I don't even know if there a difference between a vax passport and a regular proof of vax. The actual news article said fake vaccine cards.

That's great news Harllee!

My sister was hesitant to get the first booster because she had a strong reaction to her second shot. She went ahead with the booster, prepared to spend a miserable day or so, and she ended up only having a sore arm. The immune system is a mystery that's for sure.

No real world wide standard I understand that. I was just wondering. I know a couple of people who switched jobs. I don't even know if there a difference between a vax passport and a regular proof of vax. The actual news article said fake vaccine cards.

Each country has its own terminology and method of delivery. In England we started off with only vaccination cards, size of a credit card, and obviously easy to forge. Those cards still exist for everyone. Those of us who have a smart phone and use the NHS app also have our vaccination record and associated “Covid pass” with QR code, one pass for domestic use, and one pass for international travel. Behind the QR code is a record for each jab received showing the vaccine, the batch number and the date. (The NHS app has been around for years and is great for ordering repeat prescriptions, viewing blood tests results etc)

Back
Top Bottom