Has anyone here caught the Virus, or know anyone who has?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. The VP and wife got their results in hours...:cool:

Along with many other famous people...

My sister being one of them. :)

The first test took less than 4 hours and she was released home to self isolate, then next day she had a call from the hospital saying that the “slow culture” test was also negative. Turned out she “only” had pleurisy.

I believe I had the covid19, this was about 6 weeks ago, we were barely starting to talk about it here in the US. My symptoms were pretty much identical to the first congressman who got it recently. One day I was completely normal all day but then in the evening a splitting headache, in my case upset stomach, then came the fever, after a day or two I took ibuprofin and felt worse. The fever/chills/skin sensitivity lasted about 5 days but I had no respiratory issues, neither did the congressman. It could've been the regular flu but compared to the past flus this one really kicked my butt.

I believe I had the covid19, this was about 6 weeks ago, we were barely starting to talk about it here in the US. My symptoms were pretty much identical to the first congressman who got it recently. One day I was completely normal all day but then in the evening a splitting headache, in my case upset stomach, then came the fever, after a day or two I took ibuprofin and felt worse. The fever/chills/skin sensitivity lasted about 5 days but I had no respiratory issues, neither did the congressman. It could've been the regular flu but compared to the past flus this one really kicked my butt.

I'm glad you are still with us. Reading these accounts is really helpful and will continue to be helpful as time goes on. It does not sound fun, and you may have had a "mild" version of it. Thank you for sharing.

I don't remember when the US is so lagging....Some hot spots in California and NY, we can't afford to provide tests to people unless the symptoms are severe. We will never know the real number of cases. The death toll will be the only number to show for these places.

No one that I know of, but we have our first case in Livingston County, Illinois as of today.

Montgomery County, Texas has a web site with daily updates in the evening of what they know about cases: https://mcphd-tx.org/report-public-health-complaints/

It is interesting that there are more (tested) cases on the country public health web site than are reported elsewhere for our county. I find the locally produced report factual. Plus they try to note how the infected person came to be infected. While they have an idea why some were infected, it is very troubling that some are a "result of community spread" which means the virus is out there where you cannot see it, control it, nor avoid it.

Thanks for the link!

WADR, don't you want the people running the country (and the people they are closest to) cleared quickly? I know I do, independent of who it is.

True but just another example of a type of class distinction.

True but just another example of a type of class distinction.

The fact that wealthy people have access to resources that others do not has been going on since the beginning of time. Fair or not, it’s not a new concept.

And people have also been arguing about it since the beginning of time.

I don't actually understand why someone doesn't build a strong UV box to sterilize the used N95 masks. If you get enough watts/sq inch you could kill anything.

Alternatively, it might be possible to have a box that exactly regulates the temperature to a high enough amount to kill anything on the masks but low enough that it doesn't melt or burn them.

This is from reading that medical professionals have been wiping their masks down with hand sanitizer to reuse them, which seems not ideal.

What about placing them in a bag and piping in something like 100 gamma of ozone for ten minutes or maybe a little more? You could do several or many at once.

Last edited:

And in some eras/areas they whisper it behind closed doors. ;)

WADR, don't you want the people running the country (and the people they are closest to) cleared quickly? I know I do, independent of who it is.

No. Not before my family or anyone I care about

You treat those who have the symptoms, not the ones who are tested unless those tested can dictate what kind of treatment the afflicted need.

The fact that wealthy people have access to resources that others do not has been going on since the beginning of time. Fair or not, it’s not a new concept.

Remember the 11 rules of life, sometimes (inaccurately) attributed to Bill Gates:

Rule 1 - Life is not fair; get used to it.

bill-gates-11-rules-56a9a1aa5f9b58b7d0fd87e7.jpg

Try staying up late or getting up early. We've found next day pickup times for Walmart open up around midnight local.

DW went on Amazon and was able to order some fruits and vegetables from Whole Foods. Looks like this is our only choice ordering online. They delivered on same day. Good service. Might be a little pricey but saves us one risky trip to Costco.

Mom's test came back positive. So me and the kids are home quarantining. It's been 9 days and no symptoms so hopefully we're clear

Mom's test came back positive. So me and the kids are home quarantining. It's been 9 days and no symptoms so hopefully we're clear

Good luck. I am sure it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom