Has anyone here caught the Virus, or know anyone who has?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, found out that my sister's friend's husband died last week from COVID...

Was on a ventilator for about 50 days...

She has recovered from the virus but is still weak from it.

So sorry for you, your sister and her friend

Oh, wow, that is so sad! That they both had to suffer, and now she is weak and a widow. I can’t imagine recovering from a bad illness and facing that.

Friend of my daughter’s who is a medical resident caught it very early and has recovered. Friend of my mother’s who is in her mid 80s - caught- she was sent home from ER twice - but later admitted spent about 11 days in the hospital. No ventilator but she has some mild heart damage. Friends of mine late 50s, early 60s though they had it in April but unable to get a test. Just got antibody test results yesterday that showed they had it.

It makes the virus seem much more real and concerning if you personally know someone who has died and/or someone seriously ill.

A guy I used to work with, about ten years younger than me died from it a few days ago.

A guy I used to work with, about ten years younger than me died from it a few days ago.

Wow - that’s freaky. The percentages may be very small, but it’s still upsetting. Especially since so many apparently healthy people and younger people are among the victims.

Wow - that’s freaky. The percentages may be very small, but it’s still upsetting. Especially since so many apparently healthy people and younger people are among the victims.

younger folks can also have coplicating issues. they are not the exclusive domain of geezers like me.

My SIL's mom passed away today from covid- without family around her. They said their goodbyes on facetime. She was in a memory care unit in NJ. My 54 year old BIL in SW Florida had it and recovered. They are pretty sure he got it from an asymptomatic co-worker. I had two friends in MA who had family members recover.

My SIL's mom passed away today from covid- without family around her. They said their goodbyes on facetime. She was in a memory care unit in NJ. My 54 year old BIL in SW Florida had it and recovered. They are pretty sure he got it from an asymptomatic co-worker. I had two friends in MA who had family members recover.

I am so sorry

A 65 year old friend and her twenty-something daughter test4ed positive. They live in a building with other victims and the daughter was an essential worker.

I hope they get through without permanent effects.

Up until today, I only knew the names of 3 people that were tested no matter if it was local or any of my friends/family members spread across the nation. That went to 500+ in the last couple of days as we tested at work. Positive news is the back of my left eyeball is clean after getting swabbed.

I still don't know anyone that has it or had it.

DH has several elderly aunts and an uncle in nursing homes. Just received a call 2 aunts in NJ have been admitted for CV.

Just got a call from 27yo DD, who is an RN in a rehab facility. She's been suctioning out a patient for the last four days with minimal ppe, since all admits get tested and no visitors are allowed. Yesterday he tested positive for covid19, the first patient case in the facility. He just died in her presence. She was told to go home and shower, wash her clothes and come back to work. And I thought my job was tough.

Just got a call from 27yo DD, who is an RN in a rehab facility. She's been suctioning out a patient for the last four days with minimal ppe, since all admits get tested and no visitors are allowed. Yesterday he tested positive for covid19, the first patient case in the facility. He just died in her presence. She was told to go home and shower, wash her clothes and come back to work. And I thought my job was tough.

Virtual hugs for your daughter....

:-[ :hide: :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom