Has anyone here caught the Virus, or know anyone who has?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom has been admitted to the hospital. No visitors. I've never felt so helpless.
Thoughts and prayers to you and your entire family. Please let us know how your Mom and family members likely also infected are doing.

Yes, my brother just got his positive today. He is 73 yo. Eight days ago he had a temperature of 103, slight sore throat and cough, took tylenol and temperature went down. Next couple days a temperature ranging from normal to 99 something. He was tested on monday 3/23 and got results today 3/27. He feels perfectly normal now. His wife has had no symptoms. He is waiting for a call from the Health Dept to tell him what to do next.

Yes, my brother just got his positive today. He is 73 yo. Eight days ago he had a temperature of 103, slight sore throat and cough, took tylenol and temperature went down. Next couple days a temperature ranging from normal to 99 something. He was tested on monday 3/23 and got results today 3/27. He feels perfectly normal now. His wife has had no symptoms. He is waiting for a call from the Health Dept to tell him what to do next.

Okay overall that is a good result. Best wishes for the next steps.:flowers:

DW's niece likely has it. Lives in San Francisco. After working from home, she went in for just 1 day, 2 weeks ago to meet with the boss. The next week the boss announces a positive COVID test, and the niece has a fever and chest pressure, but no cough.

Week later the symptoms are much resolved, just fatigue.

There's no reason for a test since they are limited, so for now she doesn't know 100%, but all signs point to it. The niece's husband is going through similar symptom patterns.

The niece works in biotech and the boss was at a conference. There's a weird irony that biotech got hit by this hard through their conferences. The niece says all their friends are reporting similar symptoms.

There's definitely a large silent group of people who have gotten this. I'm also thinking of New Orleans, and our own ugeaugirl and family. Mardi Gras came at just the wrong time.

Did her boss go to the Biogen conference?

Conferences seem to be major spreading events.

The source of all this (we think) was also a conference that my SIL attended in Dallas. She said that many of the other attendees got sick as well. But no one was tested.

No, but a similar one late Feb with attendees from all over the world. Biotech conferences seem to draw a wide crowd. The niece and her husband go a few times each year to far reaches of the world. They are both PhD's and brainy-ack meetings are very plentiful.

Wow - all those biotech conferences around the same time!!

Yeah conferences are like the perfect venue. People fly in from all over the country and some from overseas, they mix together for a few days in close quarters, lots of networking, socializing, meetings, then they fly right back home before developing symptoms to spread the virus to family and coworkers.

There's definitely a large silent group of people who have gotten this.
I agree, that's why I think the reported death rates are overstated because the denominator is too small. I think we will ultimately learn that the real death rate is less than 1%, maybe significantly less.

Interesting. The VP and wife got their results in hours...:cool:
His job probably requires him to come in relatively close proximity to many more people than the job of most folks does and thus he needs to be sure he's neither contracting or giving it. Net, I'll give him a pass for jumping in line - if that's what happened. I mean we've tested over 600K people now.

We arrived in pollen laden central GA and quickly experienced slight cold like symptoms. DH worse because he is much more sensitive to spring pollen etc., and had some coughing at night which taking Sudafed resolved. That is past. Me - barely perceptible symptoms.
So you're preparing to attend the Masters? :D

I agree, that's why I think the reported death rates are overstated because the denominator is too small. I think we will ultimately learn that the real death rate is less than 1%, maybe significantly less.
My estimate is below 0.1%.

The problem with getting tested or not is that it doesn't change anything for your treatment. All those people wanting to get tested is not changing what they do in recovery. It just confirms what they are sick from.
I wish people would let the medical professionals make decisions and not media.
+1

Are any of us known social distancers getting the virus? I am keeping 6 to 10 feet from everyone, even the quick snatch and grabs at wal-mart. I use the self check-out and avoid any isle that has someone on it.

Other than that, we stay at home and have zero interaction with anyone, except maybe a hi from 30 feet away when walking. I even move to the other side of the street when I see kids who have escaped their cage.

I wonder what our risk level is?

My former workplace has 12 cases. Not sure of spread, we had offices in Florida and California.

Are any of us known social distancers getting the virus? I am keeping 6 to 10 feet from everyone, even the quick snatch and grabs at wal-mart. I use the self check-out and avoid any isle that has someone on it.

Other than that, we stay at home and have zero interaction with anyone, except maybe a hi from 30 feet away when walking. I even move to the other side of the street when I see kids who have escaped their cage.

I wonder what our risk level is?

Most states are tracking infections based on “community spread” meaning no travel to high risk areas and no contact to known infectious people. But beyond that it’s hard to know how cautious those people were being in keeping their distance from others.

There are still many people who think it’s OK to visit extended family (parents, siblings, etc) who live in different households. Every time they do that they run the risk of infecting both households.

There are still many people who think it’s OK to visit extended family (parents, siblings, etc) who live in different households. Every time they do that they run the risk of infecting both households.

That's my sister. She's insisting on inviting 20 of the extended family over before Easter. There was nothing I could say that would convince her this was risky. After: "We're all family." :facepalm::facepalm:

Send her this article and see if it gives her any second thoughts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/nyregion/new-jersey-family-coronavirus.html

Thank you! I mentioned this to her when we talked. I had just heard about it. Now I have a link to send.

She has to stop this nonsense. I see this familiarity gathering thing as a huge problem. "We're all friends. Nobody is sick. Nobody traveled." Blah, blah, blah.

Everyone is special and everyone is immune. You deserve to see your friends. The distancing orders don't apply to you because you are in good company. God, if I were a virus, I'd love that attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom