I have COVID-19 and No, It's Not the Flu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. My Dad's friend in NJ, 63, had the virus in March or April. Was in the hospital for a month. Was on a ventilator but not sure how long. He was fit and had no underlying conditions. He has high blood pressure now ... which he did not have before.

For those who have been scratching your heads wondering why there are so many negative antibody tests, you will want to read today's article in the New York Times. In summary, the Abbott and Roche tests look for antibodies to the nucleocapsid, not the spike protein.

Yes, and that makes the Abbott and Roche antibody tests virtually worthless for anyone that takes the test more than 60 days after they were sick. I wish they would have told me that before I took the test, some 90 days after I was sick (the first time it was offered in our area).

...and yikes!

I hope this message gets through to all of those who downplay the potential severity of this disease and think for those with youth and good health it's no worse than the flu - so party on!

What worries me is that if an effective vaccine is not found, we will all end up with it at some point in time.

But..... like so many studies, this one needs to be examined and picked apart by other experts. And, I am wondering if a sample of 100 Germans is representative of the rest of the world. All that beer and sausage may have an effect also.

What worries me is that if an effective vaccine is not found, we will all end up with it at some point in time.

But..... like so many studies, this one needs to be examined and picked apart by other experts. And, I am wondering if a sample of 100 Germans is representative of the rest of the world. All that beer and sausage may have an effect also.

All true. As far as the generalizability of 100 Germans to Americans at large, who knows? It appears they did make at least some effort to control confounding factors. According to Wiki, Germans aren't that far ahead of Americans in alcohol consumption while Americans are significantly more obese.

the information about reactivation (like herpes) and long term organ damage (like the german heart issues) makes the entire concept of herd immunity ridiculous.

Let's do what we can to reduce the overall exposure to this virus.

Interview with a female ultra-runner and her long haul experience with COVID. Sobering.

https://www.womensrunning.com/cultu...l&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=onsiteshare

MuirWannabe, are stories like this making you rethink how long you are willing to wait to do all the things you discussed in your thread about how long to wait?
I personally know 3 people who had Covid months ago and are still suffering from serious symptoms. That has made a big impact on me.

MuirWannabe, are stories like this making you rethink how long you are willing to wait to do all the things you discussed in your thread about how long to wait?

I personally know 3 people who had Covid months ago and are still suffering from serious symptoms. That has made a big impact on me.

No, it is not. For all the reasons I stated in that thread. It doesn’t mean I don’t take the virus threat seriously. But I take how I live my life seriously as well.

NBC Nightly News tonight had a sobering segment on one COVID "long hauler"--but I could not find it yet on YouTube. I did find this one from a few days ago:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom