Post Vaccination Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
The data from Israel suggests a very small risk of vaccinated persons transmitting the disease. Of course very few get the disease in the first place, and if they do, the vaccine prevents the uncontrolled replication that would happen in an unvaccinated person. That's not to say it's not possible to acquire disease from a vaccinated person, but I don't think I'd worry too much walking past a few "green pass" ladies on the greenway.

I predict a new viral website, filled with scandalous videos: "Old People Gone Wild"

There are supposedly reports of people going to public places claiming to be vaccinated.

People who've been anti-mask may take the chance to assert their right to be in certain public venues without mask.

But there may be a lot of overlap of anti-mask and anti-vaccine people so they may claim to be vaccinated when they aren't.

The data from Israel suggests a very small risk of vaccinated persons transmitting the disease. Of course very few get the disease in the first place, and if they do, the vaccine prevents the uncontrolled replication that would happen in an unvaccinated person. That's not to say it's not possible to acquire disease from a vaccinated person, but I don't think I'd worry too much walking past a few "green pass" ladies on the greenway.

The data from Israel, in the form of studies of thousands, even hundreds of thousands of people, look good.

However, their case rates are still high. Not sure about hospitalizations and deaths though.

d) not stressing over so much hand washing/sanitizing after touching all manner of things that were—or might have been—touched by someone else!

This is really a very underappreciated part of being vaccinated. It is only just hitting me (2 weeks post 2nd shot today) that I don't have to worry about all that stuff any more. I mean I will still take reasonable precautions. Washing hands regularly. CDC recommends that people do that for the flu, let alone Covid. But I won't worry about it if I forget and touch the takeout container and fail to wash my hands immediately.

I look forward to traveling again after vaccination, including some international travel. There are several countries that have been welcoming Americans again, mostly developing countries that were hit especially hard by the lockdowns, and I will feel good about helping them out with my travel dollars.

Of course I will respect all the local laws, including covid rules like masks or whatever.

Last edited:
This is really a very underappreciated part of being vaccinated. It is only just hitting me (2 weeks post 2nd shot today) that I don't have to worry about all that stuff any more. I mean I will still take reasonable precautions. Washing hands regularly. CDC recommends that people do that for the flu, let alone Covid. But I won't worry about it if I forget and touch the takeout container and fail to wash my hands immediately.

I think fomites was never that big a part of covid infections. Certainly worth washing hands, because if nothing else it's drastically reduced flu infections this year.

The data from Israel, in the form of studies of thousands, even hundreds of thousands of people, look good.

However, their case rates are still high. Not sure about hospitalizations and deaths though.

The way their case numbers have plateaued for about two weeks is very curious. I was expected a continued rapid downward trend. Death are down to about 20 per day out of about 9 million or so population.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/israel/

A report from Israel has found that the Pfizer vaccine in real-life usage has a 97% protection rate. It is also effective against some of the variants. And it seems to reduce transmission from asymptomatic individuals. This is based on studies done on vaccinated people over an 8 week period starting in mid January.

Sorry, this is behind a paywall:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-...eventing-illness-in-israel-11615479851?page=1

Covid-19 vaccine kicked in at least two weeks after people received the second dose, and it held up even against a more transmissible variant.
The Israeli analysis of real-world use of the vaccine, released Thursday, also showed that the shot was highly effective at preventing infections that don’t cause symptoms, a sign that it could be helping to limit spread of the virus. And the data indicated two doses were more protective than one.
Two doses of the vaccine were 97% effective against symptomatic Covid-19 cases, including those resulting in hospitalizations and deaths.

The way their case numbers have plateaued for about two weeks is very curious. I was expected a continued rapid downward trend. Death are down to about 20 per day out of about 9 million or so population.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/israel/

One-third of the Israeli population is under age 18. Another factor is a strict national lockdown was in place at the beginning of the vaccination campaign. That was relaxed in early to mid February, with many schools now opening. Israel's libraries and museums are now open. Can't say the same where we live.

Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card

KEEP IT as proof may be required to travel internationally.

I have asked my health care provider (Kaiser NW) to update my file so that if I misplace that card they can certify that I have been vaccinated.

KEEP IT as proof may be required to travel internationally.

I have asked my health care provider (Kaiser NW) to update my file so that if I misplace that card they can certify that I have been vaccinated.

Good idea. I have put mine in my passport.

I think fomites was never that big a part of covid infections. Certainly worth washing hands, because if nothing else it's drastically reduced flu infections this year.

Good point regarding the flu. I have never been a big on using hand sanitizer after visiting public places like grocery stores, and handling items that many others may have also handled. Given the lack of flu this season and the two Costco sized bottles of sanitizer I still have, I will probably make more use of it in the future simply to avoid colds and the flu. It's hard to argue with success.

Also, I will take a mask with me on planes and public transit in the event I am forced to sit next to Mr. Sneezit and Ms. Couffer for an extended time.

Now that I am fully vaccinated I have ventured back into the grocery store fully masked and was irritated to see the people with their noses hanging out of their masks. That's a sight I didn't have to witness when I was doing curbside pick up.

Also, I will take a mask with me on planes and public transit in the event I am forced to sit next to Mr. Sneezit and Ms. Couffer for an extended time.

That's one thing we've seen a lot of, diagrams of all the droplets and aerosols sprayed out by a couch or a sneeze.

Seinfeld was onto something with the close talker.

irritated to see the people with their noses hanging out of their masks.
You better get used to it. It's been that way the entire time. Under their noses, on their chins, pulling it down to talk.... Some people simply refuse to do it right.

You better get used to it. It's been that way the entire time. Under their noses, on their chins, pulling it down to talk.... Some people simply refuse to do it right.
My favorite was the guy at the blood donation site that took his mask off to sneeze.

Now that I am fully vaccinated I have ventured back into the grocery store fully masked and was irritated to see the people with their noses hanging out of their masks. That's a sight I didn't have to witness when I was doing curbside pick up.
Yes - it’s extremely annoying. I’ve had to witness it the whole time, because we continued to shop in stores that had masks required. Yesterday a masked woman kept pulling her mask down to her chin to talk to the man behind the counter!:facepalm: It’s been a year y’all, you’d think most would have figured it out by now?

Because to many people, they wear masks to protect themselves, not also to protect others by using masks as source control.

My favorite was the guy at the blood donation site that took his mask off to sneeze.

Donating blood is on my to do list and that is exactly why I have put it off until I was fully vaccinated.

You are either in the clinic or on one of those buses. I don’t care how much they wipe the equipment and seats down it’s the airborne part that makes me nervous since I’m relying on everyone else around me to have a proper mask and use it correctly.

I think that the "mask off to talk" thing might very well be people who are hearing impaired. They tend to read lips to augment their hearing, and it seems only natural for them to want to reveal their lips. It is complicated.

I think that the "mask off to talk" thing might very well be people who are hearing impaired. They tend to read lips to augment their hearing, and it seems only natural for them to want to reveal their lips. It is complicated.

Well I'm not sure who you need to talk to while wheeling around collecting groceries.

Well I'm not sure who you need to talk to while wheeling around collecting groceries.

Although I see less of it today, in the past I have seen many, many people talking on their phone while they shop for groceries. I've also seen people remove their mask to talk on the phone, although heaven knows why that is necessary.

Today is 14 days since dose 2 - Pfizer. Starting to shop - Home Depot, Community Gardens seeds and bulbs, inside Costco, etc. No long trips yet. But? DW is looking at sidewalk dining when it gets warmer.

Traffic by my measure has greatly increased over the months of 'the lockdown'.

Heh heh heh - only slight arm soreness myself and DW so ready to start some activities previously off the table. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom