Post Vaccination Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harley has also been talking about home earth care agencies. They would be able to supply people to help with tasks like bathing, transportation. A bit tricky for Harlee’s DH if help isn’t vaccinated.

We need someone to step up and run a completely vaccinated service. There must be some demand for it,although it would probably be more expensive

I’m certainly watching excitedly to see how all this plays out. I’m really hoping to see a sudden and drastic drop in cases and hospitalizations (and deaths) soon. But I have no feel for how quickly it might manifest.

Yes, both UK and Israel were in major lockdowns during their massive vaccination drives. It will probably play out differently in the US.

Spot on.

At a briefing earlier this week the CMO made this exact point with the use of some charts, pointing out that when infections and hospitalizations started dropping rapidly the number of folks vaccinated was still quite low and it was the lockdown that had started 2 or 3 weeks earlier that was mainly responsible for this improvement.

Just got an alert, TSA extends mask mandates for flights and public transportation in the US until September.

All travel to and from India has been stopped . So sad for those people.

This should have been done with China in Jan 2020. Maybe next time?

Now hopefully everyone can send help to India. We know we have lots of ventilators. And lots of AZ vaccine that’s not being used here.

I am 8 days away from a massage and facial at a hotel spa near me, that will allow me use of the spa pool and facilities for the day. So you can bet I'm scheduling a multi-hour gap between these two services.

Well I'm skipping the massage. Protocols here require the aesthetician to wear gloves on all service. I called a few different hotels, the fanciest one wasn't even letting spa guests use the pool for now. Even the facial will be weird this way, but I'm not sure I want a full body rub down with latex hands. Not my thing.

Still gonna go for the facial, and I can still use the hotel pool all day, so I will make a good afternoon out of it.

In March they were encouraging mass gatherings, practically declaring mission accomplished.

Exported vaccines and even oxygen.

Other countries in Europe are talking about big concerts, few thousand or maybe over ten thousand. But they might need to show vaccination or a negative test.

India somehow didn’t suffer a winter surge Dec-Jan like most other countries did, so they thought they had beat COVID already, and maybe even developed herd immunity, even though their vaccinated program had barely started.

Unfortunately it’s been a brutal blowback.

On a much more personal note, a former student of my sister and friend to my nieces and nephews passed away at 44 a couple of days ago. He was one who did not get vaccinated and was hesitant about the whole idea. The only possible bright spot was he didn't leave any children behind. It's still incredibly sad.

On a much more personal note, a former student of my sister and friend to my nieces and nephews passed away at 44 a couple of days ago. He was one who did not get vaccinated and was hesitant about the whole idea. The only possible bright spot was he didn't leave any children behind. It's still incredibly sad.

Total bummer!!!

Yup. And add in the ~30% of the other half that have already had Covid-19 and we're approaching 65% immune. With one good push of vaccinations and completion of second doses we will exceed 70% immune and start reaching herd immunity where virus transmission cannot sustain itself. Should be weeks, not months.

Unfortunately, for various reasons (distribution, procrastination, hesitancy and true anti-vax) there are geographic areas of low vax uptake and those regions will probably continue to have outbreaks for a while. So the national numbers probably won't be as good as a small country like Israel, but progress is progress.

In my state, the cumulative case rate varies from 5% to 18%, so vaccinations have to get broader penetration.

In certain counties here (CA), >70 to 80% of the eligible adults now have at least one shot. The rates of transmission have been dropping due to the vaccinations and the last lockdown. In my zip code of 20K residents, 68% of the adults have at least one shot (and 5% have had COVID). Unfortunately, many counties (mostly rural) have a low vaccination rate and a high rate of deniers. Perhaps unsurprisingly, these counties still top the list of per capita infections

Last edited:
Unfortunately, for various reasons (distribution, procrastination, hesitancy and true anti-vax) there are geographic areas of low vax uptake and those regions will probably continue to have outbreaks for a while. So the national numbers probably won't be as good as a small country like Israel, but progress is progress.

For a guide as to how low-vax areas of the USA will or will not affect their nearby high-vax areas, perhaps study how areas controlled by the Palestinian Authority affect the Israeli numbers, if at all. The COVAX dependent Palestinian Authority areas don't have anywhere near 50% vaccination yet, from the reports I've been seeing.

In my state, the cumulative case rate varies from 5% to 18%, so vaccinations have to get broader penetration.

In certain counties here (CA), >70 to 80% of the eligible adults now have at least one shot. The rates of transmission have been dropping due to the vaccinations and the last lockdown. In my zip code of 20K residents, 68% of the adults have at least one shot (and 5% have had COVID). Unfortunately, many counties (mostly rural) have a low vaccination rate and a high rate of deniers. Perhaps unsurprisingly, these counties still top the list of per capita infections

CA is suppose to fully open up in mid June.

Warmer weather should also help push cases down. But we're also seeing variants arrive from all over the world in addition to our own CA variant.

Since you are a medical professional I'm surprised at this answer. I have no way to snoop in anyone's personal medical file. But I'm pretty sure no one will throw me in jail for simply asking someone if they were vaccinated.

Not sure how to multi quote

See Harlee’s post. You can ask all you want but you shouldn’t be given an answer :cool: because of HIPPA.

That's a disgrace if true. They should be requiring their staff to be vaccinated and advertising that to potential clients.

You absolutely can ask someone if they've been vaccinated. They don't have to tell you, though. Then you have to decide whether or not to let them into your home. If your husband is immunocompromised, I would totally agree with you only letting vaccinated people into your house.

I am really surprised at your comments. You can not force an emergency use vaccination. He** try as they might hospitals can’t force their staff to take the flu shot. They can however force the few that resist all pressure to mask for the entire flu season.

As a doctor you are required to protect patients medical information. Period. Your beliefs or feelings on the matter are totally separate from your duty.

I will say it again you can ask all you want but divulging someone else’s information ie staff, employees, patients information is a giant no no, as in get you fired offense.

What one wants and what reality is, are not always the same.

I am really surprised at your comments. You can not force an emergency use vaccination. He** try as they might hospitals can’t force their staff to take the flu shot. They can however force the few that resist all pressure to mask for the entire flu season.

As a doctor you are required to protect patients medical information. Period. Your beliefs or feelings on the matter are totally separate from your duty.

I will say it again you can ask all you want but divulging someone else’s information ie staff, employees, patients information is a giant no no, as in get you fired offense.

I retracted that comment in a later post. You’re right. They can’t require a vaccine that doesn’t have full approval, though many colleges are doing just that.

I agree completely, as I said, that you can ask for info but may not get it. It’s up to the patient to decide whether or not to share that information. No third party can release it without your permission.

Breedlove said:
All travel to and from India has been stopped . So sad for those people.

According to Gottlieb all variants in India are also in the USA. So what are we actually doing and why?

MRNA vaccines are effective against all variants. That is the answer. Some may not like the answer, what else is new.

Last edited:

Who on earth ever said to ask someone's doctor or health provider if someone else was vaccinated. We're talking about asking the person directly if they have been vaccinated. Now if a certain office or group of providers decides to say they have all been vaccinated that's fine. Otherwise you need to ask each person you come in contact with.

For example dear Doctor has your staff been vaccinated for Covid? Not OK.

Someone is giving you Pt, you saying Pt person have you been vaccinated is perfectly acceptable . They don't have to answer, but a "I'd rather not say, would be the same as a no in my book.

Last edited:
You can't tell anyone if you've been vaccinated?

People are posting that they've been vaccinated in forums like this and all over social media.

Must be millions of people citing when they got their first or second shot, the symptoms, etc.

Not sure how to multi quote

See Harlee’s post. You can ask all you want but you shouldn’t be given an answer :cool: because of HIPPA.

I have no idea what you are talking about...I am free to ask any person I interact with personally if they have been vaccinated just as they are free to ask me if I have been vaccinated. This is still true if I ask someone working in a doctors office. It's their decision if they answer.

Are you sure you understand HIPPA...two people talking directly to each other about their vaccine status has nothing to do with HIPPA.

Last edited:
This is my experience. I needed to hire a person to help my husband in my home with physical therapy. I called and asked a PT person who was recommended to me if they had been vaccinated and they said yes so I hired them (of course they could be lying, I did not ask to see their card but I took their word for it). On the other hand, I asked a home health agency if their employees had been vaccinated and they said they could not tell me so I told them I would not be hiring them. I can and will ask people coming into my home if they are vaccinated and I will be hiring only those who say they are vaccinated. That does not violate any law.

Last edited:
I would ask them to see the card or a picture of the CDC card as well as a photo ID.

Just say that your husband is immunocompromised so you have no choice but to verify.

DW and I are vaccinated. Just booked our 4th trip on Delta for the coming year. 65 YO and have enough data to support our decision. Enough already.

I flew 75K miles in 2020 as a "critical infrastructure worker". I've flown 25K miles so far this year, although I am now vaccinated. JMO, but flying is statistically the safest public exposure you can subject yourself to, I definitely have made personal accommodations because of Covid19 but sometimes I think people are loosing sight of what the statistics say - and don't say. Again JMO.

Current CDC guidelines say you should wear a mask in that setting. If it's a small group of friends or family and you're all vaccinated, you don't need a mask, but with strangers, crowds, or unvaccinated people you should. Obviously you don't know the vaccination status of everyone else who was at the greenhouse.

I'll continue to wear a mask in public at least until the CDC says otherwise.

I too continue to mask up in public - but just a statistical observation: Being fully vaccinated statistically lowers both your chances of catching Covid and also of transmitting it more than wearing a mask does. If we publicly shame or require masks, why not vaccines ? Why should a vaccinated person feel obliged to wear a mask and respect other's rights to public spaces while they are being intentionally unvaccinated ? I'm not trying to support an opinion I hold, just asking genuine questions that I think a lot will ask going forward. I think in the next couple months there will be a lot more pushback against official recommendations. Not advocating, just observing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom