Website is open to order your 4 free tests now

I ordered mine this morning and received an e-mail confirmation from USPS that they were ordered. I also ordered the tests for a friend who does not do anything online and called her first to make sure she did want them and to make sure she didn't try to order through any other channels. She was very happy!

Now we can start reporting when we receive our tests in the mail.

Hmmmm - I didn’t get an email confirmation even though I can see they have my correct email address.

Ordered mine. I would normally forgo a free government program like this so more needy people could have my allotment but the program is restricted to 4 per address so I can't pass mine on.

Agreed. If tests were readily available to purchase, I would gladly spend the money (even if not reimbursed by insurance) and leave the free ones for others.

But, they are NOT easily available.

27 million people accessed it yesterday, there is probably double that trying to order today.
It seems to be working right now but they are saying that some apartment addresses are causing problems

I'm going to guess that if your IP shows as somewhere outside the US, you are also not going to be able to order. If you use a VPN, that could be an issue.

The news today (CBS?) mentioned that after the horrible role out of the Obamacare website for health insurance, the Feds have contracted with a private firm to help them manage other new websites that they anticipate will be in high demand from Day 1. Yesterday's beta test using real life guinea pigs (ie. many of us) was part of that plan.

Last edited:
I wasn't able to order. I sent the link to both my sons - who don't live with us... Told them to order using the addresses where they live. Younger son has a unique address for his half of the dorm room - but nope... he apparently used our home address. Looks like I'll be getting the tests... in his name. LOL.

Get an error and cannot order - geez.

Welcome to the forum. Please take the time to introduce yourself in the "Hi I am" forum.

As for the error - if you are ordering from out of country it probably doesn't work. If you share a household and your housemate already ordered, you're out of luck. (My son appears to have used our address when he ordered - so we weren't able to... it's per household.)

Hmmmm - I didn’t get an email confirmation even though I can see they have my correct email address.
Mine went to spam.

I had to turn off my VPN to get the website to work even though it is not trying to fool anybody into thinking I am not in the USA.

For those of us who live in condos or apartments, it doesn’t work. Won’t accept my address and USPS keeps trying to tell me my address is wrong?!
Apparently a known issue, their solution, try calling USPS. Yeah, ok.
Brings me back to healthcare.gov, the early years.
Can the government ever do anything on the internet that isn’t a failure?

Last edited:
For those of us who live in condos or apartments, it doesn’t work. Won’t accept my address and USPS keeps trying to tell me my address is wrong?!

I think DW ordered for her mom without using her apartment number. And it worked.

I live in a large apartment bldg, ordered with the apt number & it worked fine.

My understanding is the error is how the address was originally registered. If it was not listed as a multi unit address, USPS thinks it’s one building. So the error was likely the original developer

Got a tracking number from USPS, kit is scheduled for delivery Tuesday.

Got a tracking number from USPS, kit is scheduled for delivery Tuesday.

Now there are going to be 17 posts complaining they haven't gotten a tracking notice yet...

Complaining can be a fun retirement hobby. If one really finds it interesting, one easily can escalate to whining.

I just tried. Got "already ordered for this address". Apparently DW beat me to it :LOL:

Got the same error message but DGF is sitting across from me and says she didn't order any. So, unless one of my neighbors fat fingered their online order and we get a surprise delivery, it looks like we'll have to purchase our own.

I've been seeing anecdotal reports that the test kits are being frozen by sitting in mailboxes, while the minimum storage temperature is listed as 36 degrees. This article says they will work fine after short extreme temperature exposure. Make sure they are used at room temperature, though.

The bottom line?

While the specific recommendations for storage can vary by brand, in general, these companies say shipping in winter or whatever extreme conditions have been planned for and in all likelihood the tests will be fine.

The real thing to remember is let the test get to room temperature before you take it, be sure to follow all the directions, and also double check the expiration dates.

https://www.whec.com/rochester-good...er-being-delivered-in-freezing-temps/6363234/

This article says some kits in Canada were shipped with a "freeze tag" sticker on them, which showed they had been frozen and were no longer valid. The solution was to remove the freeze tags!

https://regina.ctvnews.ca/sask-fami...kits-received-upon-return-to-canada-1.5745856

Complaint #2 of 17

I ordered mine on the 18th. My neighbor ordered hers several hours after me and she got her notification on Sunday and received the tests yesterday. I've got nothing!

Back
Top Bottom