Weight Gain?

Franklin

Recycles dryer sheets
OK, Ive read that most people have gained weight during this shut down. Ive heard gains ranging from 5 to 15 lbs as the norm. I'll confess, Ive gained a solid 5 lbs over the past few months. Largely because Ive eaten more and enjoyed the wine more than normal. So, anyone want to join me in the confessional or better yet maybe a poll?

Yeah Baby!

I porked up to 245, that's why I joined Weight Watchers - :)

Oh, yeah. I'm somewhat afraid to get on the scale but am guessing I'm up 5-10..also in large part due to significantly increased wine consumption and less outdoors mountain biking, hiking, etc.

That, and I managed to re-injure my leg recently so haven't been able to keep up with my daily cardio (elliptical or indoor bike)..probably dropped 25-50% down on that due to the injury.

So, more wine + less exercise = more weight for sure..

Yeah - I gained 2 or 3, probably because I've been grazing on way too many nuts!

Went back to rationing them.

Last edited:
Wow, gaining weight:confused: Both DW and I have lost a few pounds (of french fries weight) over the past two months. No Happy hours is killing us.:LOL:

I'm probably down 3-4 lbs since the beginning of March. Then again, I need to lose quite a bit more weight. Spent a good deal of time working some of the planting areas in the front yard. Given I have been gardening in what is almost cement (lots of limestone, some clay), you would have thought I would have lost a lot more. :(

I'm actually down about five pounds, mainly because I keep finding new things that interest me. Being absorbed in something makes me oblivious to everything, including hunger.

I’m actually down about 10 pounds since mid-March. I started the keto lifestyle on December 1st, and I’m down about 38 pounds overall. Limiting my alcohol consumption has really helped.

I gained 5 lbs on vacation in Florida in February.

Lost it pretty quickly, and have stayed the same.

FWIW, I have found my weight can fluctuate 3-4 lbs over the course of a day.

Important to weigh yourself at the same time everyday, if you want to track it.

I'm down 20 lbs since January. It started when I had a knee replaced in Jan, then the loss continued on until I was through completion of all the prescribed meds and stopped when I started using my medical cannabis card two weeks ago!! the weight is holding steady.

When I retired in 2017 I lost 20 lbs in the first six months, then stablized at 200lbs. Now with the other 20 lost, I've lost 40 lbs since retiring three years ago in June.

Last edited:
Probably lost a couple of pounds. I've been working out more. At home diet unchanged. And with no going out to do errands, I can't stop for a big cookie or a donut with a cup of coffe.

Up about 8 pounds coz walking just doesn't equal playing competitive pickleball.

I've lost a couple of pounds. I don't seem to have much appetite.

OK, Ive read that most people have gained weight during this shut down. Ive heard gains ranging from 5 to 15 lbs as the norm. I'll confess, Ive gained a solid 5 lbs over the past few months. Largely because Ive eaten more and enjoyed the wine more than normal. So, anyone want to join me in the confessional or better yet maybe a poll?

I've gained about 2 lbs. Stress does seem to trigger my snack affliction.

I gained a couple, then said, oh hell no with that, and now I'm actually down a few from the start of stay-at-home.

Since our first day of lockdown on March 14th, I've lost four pounds without even trying. Sitting here alone at home, stressed out, with nothing to do and a house full of food; I don't get it! :LOL:

I have maintained my weight at my target healthy level. It has not varied more that 1.5 lbs above or below what it was when the shut down started.

I kept up my physical activities around the house and neighborhood, and substituted home aerobic workouts (found some good ones on YouTube that are varied and keep me interested) for the gym. I set up my bike trainer to use my bike at times when watching streaming content.

Now that golf is available again, walking the course will be an added benefit. I have a interval timer app on my desktop and notebook so that I do not sit in front of them continuously, but regularly get up and move around for a few minutes.

I am snacking primarily on fruits but still indulging my sweet tooth :). DW is a great cook and makes very balanced and tasty meals for us.

The last day I did less that 10K steps (according to my fitbit) was April 12, and I my goal is to keep that streak going.

IMG_0503.jpg

I was 180 then went up to an all time high of 185 and all time high 17% body fat. Now that it's nice enough to bike I am down to 181 and dropping.

I gained about 4 pounds from not going to the gym and generally being less active. Hmm...baking sourdough didn't help either.

For the past week I've made a conscious effort to walk more than 2.5 miles each morning rather than the 1.8-2 that was my normal (with little doggie leading the way). Although my gym has reopened, DH is at high risk for COVID so I don't plan to go back soon.

I’m down 3 to 5 pounds.

I attribute that to not visiting grocery stores very often and therefore I’m not exposed to temptation as often as when I go several times a week.

Right before the stay at home I spoke with my PCP about cholesterol. Mine was high and we had spoken 3 months ago about it. We talked about ways to improve my diet. Mainly reducing saturated fat and increasing fiber.

I have been logging my food into MyFitnesPal for about 10 weeks now to track my saturated fat, fiber intake. My saturated fat intake has was high 12 weeks ago. I didn't measure it closely but at least 250% of RDA.

I have dropped 10 pounds over the last 10 weeks. Kind of accidentally from not eating the same amount of saturated fat.. I'm at my bottom acceptable weight at 165#. I don't want to lose any more. A first class problem for sure.

Back
Top Bottom