Weight Gain?

I don't weigh myself anymore. I walk and do some isometric exercises each day. In the colder/bad weather I use my Gazelle and exercise bike.

I was fat before this and still fat. And yes, drinking a bit more. Newly retired, I am not moving around as much as when I worked, though I do clean my own house and have been doing some painting and other tasks.

My weight fluctuates between 183, and 191 depending on how much sodium intake I have had. I can really tell how much more sluggish I am with more weight, so I take my doctor prescribed (take as needed) furosemide, and pee like a race horse.

This morning 185.4#

Down 112 lbs in the last 9 months thanks to keto, intermittent fasting and more exercise. Goal is close but trying to lose 5 lbs a month over the summer and weigh myself daily and track food on MyFitnessPal. Life changing in many ways.

I have read about intermittent fasting but would like to know more. Seems like everyone does it differently. Some skip a day every so often. Others only eat 8 hours a day. What is your idea of intermittent fasting?

BTW, congrats on your weight loss.

I gained 6 lbs at the start of quarantining, but have now lost it. I was drinking more than I usually do, not so much now.

For the two year before the virus hit I was managing an office far from home and living alone in a little crappy condo. Worked long hours and living off of high fat and calorie take out and microwaved pre-processed foods. Put on 40 lbs. All my suits got really tight!

The evening in mid-March when our governor issued the emergency order I packed up that night vacated the condo and the next morning drove 8 hours home. Working from home in March and April and eating regular healthy meals I dropped a pound a week.

Retired on May 1 and dropping 2-3 pounds a week since.

Have lost weight during the quarantine, but mostly because it got me back home where I could prepare healthier home cooked meals.

I lost a fair bit of weight last year going plant based and then stalled out, even though I should have been losing weigh per my calorie counter program (cronometer). I started losing weight again since March after paying more attention to things like my zinc and vitamin D levels for boosting immunity for Covid19, despite not lowering my calories significantly or exercising more. My heart rate had been pretty low and that went back to normal to even high range sometimes as well.

Interesting related articles on zinc and weight loss -

"The placebo group lost less than one pound while those taking zinc lost almost four pounds."
Source: https://www.nutritionexpress.com/ar...rns/diet+weight+loss/showarticle.aspx?id=2059

"In simple terms, not enough zinc can impair thyroid function, resulting in a slower metabolic rate, which can make it harder to burn fat. To put that into perspective, a related case study found that one woman’s resting metabolic rate dropped by 527 calories a day due to a zinc deficiency. That’s 3,689 calories a week, or more than one pound of pure body fat energy-wise.'
Source: https://magazine.baze.com/strugglin...uild-muscle-you-might-have-a-zinc-deficiency/

I hurt my shoulder exercising and DH was making the meals for awhile. I didn't want to bother him to make lower cal versions of everything, so I just ate what he was making. But I still lost a pound even with eating more calories than I used to and no exercising at all while my shoulder healed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom