First time caller, long time listener...

Athermos4u

Dryer sheet aficionado
Left SP500 land this past September at the age of 56. Currently spending the winter in Cape Town with wife and two middle schoolers, waiting for vaccines and warm weather to show in the SE US before we go back.

Welcome Athermos4u. Cape Town must be beautiful right now. Be sure to pick up your participation trophy later in the week. :)

Welcome Athermos4u, let us know more when you have some time and get settled back in.

I've always heard that Cape Town is beautiful, (if you stay in the 'right' areas), but never got there, (was pulled over in a roadblock near the Mozambique border in 1983, and one of the guys said "You have to visit Cape Town", but time didn't permit).

Enjoy your stay!

Welcome aboard
I have a friend in Jo Burg.
He says your having a hot summer down there.
Feel free to share more when you have time.

Hi all, thanks for the welcome...

So the back story on Cape Town is that my family and I are using Covid as an oppty to world school this year. I retired this past June, and the wife can work remotely. We left the US last September from Atlanta when things were getting really bad. The first stop was Saranda Albania which is lovely in summer, but once fall set in the weather turned and the case count began to rise, so we headed to a warmer spot with a more aggressive stance on disease prevention. Weve been here in CPT since early December and really like it for a variey of reasons I can go into if there is interest. At this point the plan is to go back to Europe for spring, then the US in June to get our vaccines. After that we shall see. I will say living abroad has really opened my eyes to the possibilities of a much grander retirement than is possible in the states.

So the back story on Cape Town is that my family and I are using Covid as an oppty to world school this year. I retired this past June, and the wife can work remotely. We left the US last September from Atlanta when things were getting really bad. The first stop was Saranda Albania which is lovely in summer, but once fall set in the weather turned and the case count began to rise, so we headed to a warmer spot with a more aggressive stance on disease prevention. Weve been here in CPT since early December and really like it for a variey of reasons I can go into if there is interest. At this point the plan is to go back to Europe for spring, then the US in June to get our vaccines. After that we shall see. I will say living abroad has really opened my eyes to the possibilities of a much grander retirement than is possible in the states.

Sounds like a great strategy.

Would love to hear more about this, if you care to share your thoughts.

omni

Back
Top Bottom