I Broke Down and Signed up for Amazon Prime - Free 30 for 30 Days.

ShokWaveRider

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Can anyone convince me not to cancel it on day 29?

The only real value I can see is 2 day shipping. I do not buy a lot from Amazon and when I do I make sure shipping is free.

I am looking for reasons other than shipping to keep it.

Thanks for your insight.

Free prime streaming?

What about all the streaming options?

Unless you don't watch TV at all you now have plenty of options to view.

I stream music a lot although to get the full catalogue it is an additional charge (although first time can get 3 months free trial). I don't do the full catalogue though because I am cheap. Prime video is the only streaming service I use since it includes all the prime benefits. There is a free kindle library for members. I doubt I use as much as I could but feel I get value out of the streaming and the shipping is bonus.. maybe I'll go look now for more stuff I could be using!

Steaming is hit and miss for me. Hard to find good content at times.

I get 5% back at Amazon/Wholefoods as a prime member with an Amazon CC. That’s 2% more than non-Prime members.

I order enough from Amazon that it offsets the cost for prime membership.

Not much value to me there. :) Other than contributing to his gazillions.
You believe the 2-day shipping has some value. Since we've been using it off and on for a few years, I don't think it nets us anything at all. What you order without prime may actually come in two days. And sometimes the 2-day turns into 3-day, and so on.

I watch a few free movies there each month, so that gets me to break-even in a year or less. There may be football games or other content you want, like music.

You believe the 2-day shipping has some value. Since we've been using it off and on for a few years, I don't think it nets us anything at all. What you order without prime may actually come in two days. And sometimes the 2-day turns into 3-day, and so on.

I watch a few free movies there each month, so that gets me to break-even in a year or less. There may be football games or other content you want, like music.

You're right about the shipping I noticed a huge improvement in my prime shipping speed after I got the Amazon visa card.

Depending on the item, some stuff is next day. I also like Subscribe&save where I get a monthly supply of regular stuff, usually with an extra discount (cat food, etc.) Stuff I could schlep home from Target/Publix but it's nice to have delivered for slightly less.

Prime streaming when I can't find anything on other sources, including some Prime originals which have been good. Including British stuff from time to time (Duchess of Duke Street is on there now)

I would imagine the returns process is easier too?

unlimited storage for all your digital photos
some kind of amazon music app like spotify (my wife uses, so I don't know the details)

I signed up for it also. Going to give it a full year trial.
So far, I like to free delivery, often same day. Prime video is good.

5% off Amazon purchases with Amazon Prime credit card :).

Streaming and shipping works for us.

Been a prime member for as long as I can remember, somebody tell me why not to be. It was a life saver during the initial stages of the C-19 pandemic.

I took advantage of the 30 day free offer, and cancelled just before they charged my card. The second time it was offered, I signed up, but didn't cancel. That was a couple of years ago. I don't order as much from Amazon as I used to, but the convenience is just too darned appealing.

I could possibly save a little by not having Prime but, for the time being at least, they have suckered me in. I mean, who else will alert you on your phone when the delivery van is nearby, so you can track your package to within 10 or 20 feet, and watch as it gets closer to your house?

Amazon Prime Video and Amazon Music are what keeps me a member. They also have Amazon Prime First Reads, where at the beginning of each month they offer five or six free Kindle titles; you get to pick one.

I also did the 3 month free trial for Amazon Kindle Unlimited and kept it going for a couple more months for $4.99 month. Kindle Unlimited gives you access to thousands of books to read, so long as you pay the monthly subscription of $9.99 (though it's always heavily discounted.)

Also the convenience of 2 day (or less) shipping. My wife likes Glacier Ice Gatorade Zero Sugar but can't find it in local grocery stores. Amazon has it and will deliver the heavy 12 packs right to our door.

unlimited storage for all your digital photos
some kind of amazon music app like spotify (my wife uses, so I don't know the details)

Yes to the digital storage ........

Yes to the digital storage ........

Not me, after spending the last 10 years of my W*rking life on cloud products, I know how they can so easily be hacked. Also I do not want all my "stuff" available for exploitation by Amazon and :confused:??

I was spending the annual cost for Prime every month for cable before I cut the cord.

It may not be the bargain I once thought it was but there's a lot more low hanging fruit in my discretionary spending than Prime.

I took advantage of the 30 day free offer, and cancelled just before they charged my card. The second time it was offered, I signed up, but didn't cancel. That was a couple of years ago. I don't order as much from Amazon as I used to, but the convenience is just too darned appealing.

I could possibly save a little by not having Prime but, for the time being at least, they have suckered me in. I mean, who else will alert you on your phone when the delivery van is nearby, so you can track your package to within 10 or 20 feet, and watch as it gets closer to your house?

Not a prime member and we get the alerts and real time tracking in the amazon app.

Not me, after spending the last 10 years of my W*rking life on cloud products, I know how they can so easily be hacked. Also I do not want all my "stuff" available for exploitation by Amazon and :confused:??
Relax it's just pictures in my case. I'm not dumb enough to upload my tax returns:LOL::LOL::LOL:.

In this day and age you need digital picture storage somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom