I Broke Down and Signed up for Amazon Prime - Free 30 for 30 Days.

I keep looking for someone to complain about 2 day shipping with Prime, but everyone (but me) seems to still be getting fast shipping. Starting this summer, I have noticed many orders that show "Prime" take about a week to be delivered. I placed 3 orders last Friday, all were Prime, and all showed an expected delivery this Friday. I just checked and none of the orders has shipped yet. :mad:

Prime Reading (1 free book per month + Prime catalog of books)
Prime Music
Prime Video (TV and movie streaming)

If you don't buy much, read much, listen to music much or stream much, well. Probably not worth it.

I used to be a Prime member a few years ago. Did not use or need the added services. I order most of my stuff thru Ebay and make sure they have free shipping. Ebay sellers have things you don't see thru Amazon...such as parts for older equipment and such and used stuff.

I always say I will cancel and then somehow see the value proposition... from the "convenience" I know in the end someone pays for the logistics, but either way I see it, its me the consumer...so save time and ship direct.

Cancel now so you don't forget and they still give you the full free trial period 😜 Win Win!

Can anyone convince me not to cancel it on day 29?

The only real value I can see is 2 day shipping. I do not buy a lot from Amazon and when I do I make sure shipping is free.

I am looking for reasons other than shipping to keep it.

Thanks for your insight.

Amazon prime is a good deal if you use it. Simple as that. Why do we over complicate everything?
It is a minuscule amount of money.

Amazon prime is a good deal if you use it. Simple as that. Why do we over complicate everything?
It is a minuscule amount of money.

It's all relative I guess. Where I live in Vietnam that "minuscule" amount will buy me 10-15 of my favorites Vietnamese coffees or 10-15 of my favorite Bahn Mi's (sandwich) each month. Like a cool one, try 10 Beers at the bar, at least or gallons of beer if you go local, haha.

I just cancelled it. After a month, no real value for our household. I can always sign up again if things change. Thanks for everyone's input.

Back
Top Bottom