New RE oversaes fund...

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
This article does not say that it is a REIT fund, so I guess that it is not. Maybe a REIT is an American idea. If it's promoting 20% returns, I'm guessing that there is a fair amount of risk involved. Wonder what the ER is/will be?

Morgan Stanley is raising an unprecedented $8 billion for a new high-yield real-estate fund that will invest in overseas markets, according to published reports.

The new fund, Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund VI International, will pursue annual returns of at least 20%, reports said.

http://www.investmentnews.com/news.cms?newsId=2752

Cohen & Steers has a couple intl REITs, all loaded unless you have a spare $100,000. Fidelity has one with similar holdings as well, no load, lower minimum, you get a hair cut if you leave before 90 days have passed.

Both are capital appreciation oriented, not much in the way of dividends. Not a smooth ride, but a nice one.

Here's a more informative link about the Morgan Stanley fund:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aXOAEfDtS9.Y&refer=home

The fund had significant fees in the form of aquisition fees, management fees & profit share - but they expect to produce 20% for the investor. I suspect that there is a substantial minimum investment and the investor must be "accredited" or "super accreditied" as defined by the SEC.

Brat said:

Nice. But you know what Bernstein always says -- it ain't the stocks they pick, it's the asset class.

That fund is mostly large cap Chinese stocks. So far, I love my large cap Chinese index ETF, FXI.

z

IRFIX is a too rich for my budget as I would need to part with $100T (paying loads in or out is against my religion).

I opted for FIREX. It doesn't seem to have as much a China concentration.

The class I was seeking is overseas commercial realestate with no concentration of hotel holdings. Office buildings, manufacturing facilities.

Brat said:
I opted for FIREX. It doesn't seem to have as much a China concentration.

I have some FIREX too. Anybody have a feel how much these international real estate asset classes correlate against US REITS and/or US equities ?

mickeyd said:
The new fund, Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund VI International, will pursue annual returns of at least 20%, reports said.
Those slackers-- they couldn't set the bar at 50%?

Back
Top Bottom