ER Fantasy Camps

HelpMeRhonda

Recycles dryer sheets
Hey

I have an idea for a new business: An “ER Fantasy Camp”. Just like the sports based fantasy camps. Having just joined the ranks, I feel obligated to reach back and help pull others to this ER world. I think an ER Fantasy Camp could be just the ticket to help motivate, sway, etc others to continue working toward the goal.

Thoughts…. ::)

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Anyone want to pay me to watch me take a nap?

Exactly, now you're thinking.... ;)

We might be able to get the camps to qualify as some sort of mental health program, covered by insurance.... ::)

Running one of those camps sounds like work...

justin said:
Running one of those camps sounds like work...

Oops, I haven't made the full transition (mentally at least). to ER, myself...

We could hold them in vacation places we'd like to visit. Or maybe at our ER conventions discussed in another thread. We could charge admission to non-ERs. Enough to cover the beer tab.

HelpMeRhonda said:
Hey

I have an idea for a new business: An “ER Fantasy Camp”. Just like the sports based fantasy camps. Having just joined the ranks, I feel obligated to reach back and help pull others to this ER world. I think an ER Fantasy Camp could be just the ticket to help motivate, sway, etc others to continue working toward the goal.

Sorry, I'm too busy being retired to "proselytize" the lifestyle.

Besides, from a very selfish standpoint, the more other people working and consuming the better. It helps the economy. Plus these people are paying medicare and SS income taxes.

Audrey

Camp Schedule

9am Breakfast
10-11 am Crossword doing & paper reading
11-12 Reading early retirement forum
12- 1-Lunch
1-2 Nap
2-3 stroll the neighborhood
3-4 Read early retirement forum
4-5 Happy hour & mail reading
5-6 dinner
7-8 finish crossword
8-10 TV watching
11 Bedtime

Alternative routine:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide my car needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills! first.

I take my check book! off the table, and see that there is only one check left.

My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I realize the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers rest on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the! counter, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot t he TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

the driveway is flooded,

the car isn't washed,

the bills aren't paid,

there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter,

there is still only one check in my check book,

I can't find the remote,

I can't find my glasses,

and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled! because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired!

By the way, the above was done with almost no work involved as I recycled one of my old posts from a couple of years ago.

Its pretty much what my average day is, except throw in a little somewhat successful cooking.

HelpMeRhonda said:
Hey

The key is to charge enough such that it almost kills anyone's chances of ever reaching Early Retirement...so that way, the concept of ER will forever remain just a fantasy.

Which will require them to come back next year, since it will be their only way to ever see what ER is like. :) Gotta keep up the repeat/addict business. ;)

Which is from 10am to 9:35am?

I think I misread something...were we trying to improve SOMEONE ELSES ER chances? :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom