Do you spend a significant amount of money on your appearance/grooming

Do you spend a significant amount of money on your appearance/grooming

• Yes, I am a rock star/supermodel.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, looking good is very important to me.

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Sort of - I do the basics

Votes: 54 48.6%
  • No, I cut my own hair.

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I don't even bother cutting my hair...

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • I don't even bathe anymore

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters

Tracker

Dryer sheet aficionado
8) The older I get, the more money I spend on grooming. It seems like I spend more money to look the same as I did 10 years ago. I like to look younger than I am and feel put together.

I spend $150 (gulp) every six weeks on highlights. That's not counting the haircut. (every 4-5 weeks) I get my eyebrows waxed, manicures, pedicures, various hair removals (as needed), twice yearly facial. At this point, this is the bare minumim that I could do and still feel put together. If the tree in my backyard started budding twenties........I could spend a lot more for pampering.

It's getting nice outside and I am investigating getting a spray on tan. 8)

I think part of the LBYM philosophy is to save money on things and spend on things that you believe are necessary.

Actually, I am just the oposite. I cut my own hair (at least the top of it) and also color it myself. I go to a salon maybe twice a year for a haircut and perm.
No nails, pedicures etc. Not into spending money on myself, I guess.

Actually if someone stays in shape, is at the correct weight they are about 99% of the way there.

If you are overweight or have bad hygiene spending money on grooming is like putting lipstick on a pig. :D

I'm not getting the option to vote.

A problem with the software?

Haircut every five weeks if I need it or not @$27 with tip. :D

if you could see me, you wouldn't need to ask the question :D

REWahoo! said:
We have two Labs and they don't require any grooming. ;)

Don't mean to hijack, but does this mean that you kept the skinny black lab?? I was hoping you would!

I get pricey highlights too, but only once a quarter. I've spent lots on laser hair removal in the past and will certainly budget for maintenance in the future.

d said:
if you could see me, you wouldn't need to ask the question :D

Cause we'd know you are a supermodel?? :D

[quote

If you are overweight spending money on grooming is like putting lipstick on a pig. :D
[/quote]

I am not overweight but I find this remark offensive .There are a lot of overweight people who are well groomed and look good .

I'm pretty sure I spend less than $50 a year on grooming. And I pay to have my hair cut.

But maybe $50 is "a significant amount of money" to some folks.

Heck, I barely manage to shave twice a week. Groom what, exactly?

Khan said:
I'm not getting the option to vote.
A problem with the software?
Yes there is a problem, but moderators (me, anyway) don't appear to be able to fix it.

The poll showed its results to me without giving me the option to vote. I tried changing the options to "show results after voting" from "show results to anyone" but I still couldn't vote. Then I tried adding the option "I don't even bother cutting my hair..." which still didn't give me the option to vote.

BMJ? Dory? Andy? Any ideas? Is it because the poll was moved from its original location to this board?

But maybe $50 is "a significant amount of money"
... this is 3 hours of work at the national average hourly wage, so it's not insignificant to most.

Not at this time. I am enjoying the break! I can do my own nails and pedicures in any colors I choose (just no good at the French ones but anti frog anyway!). My hair is long and straight blond with gray highlights now but I no longer pay $100 for the salon guy every 6 weeks. But, I no longer wear my business clothes at a grand an outfit either. This year I am de-stressing at home and cutoffs/jeans and a t-shirt are fine. Next year I may spend more at the salon before I start travelling. Or my 1st trip may be to a spa followed by a nice long cruise.

I spend a bit of money on my appearance....the biggest expense is the hair straightening with haircut twice a year which costs me $1000.
The rest of the expenses are hair products, tanning sessions, bath products, perfume, manicures, pedicures, and massages.
I use coupons whenever I can for the hair products, tanning, and bath products.
However.....a great hair dresser and manicurist/pedicurist are worth their weight in gold :D

Cut-Throat said:
Actually if someone stays in shape, is at the correct weight they are about 99% of the way there.

If you are overweight or have bad hygiene spending money on grooming is like putting lipstick on a pig. :D

How about if you're short, balding or have acne scars?

crazy connie said:
Or my 1st trip may be to a spa followed by a nice long cruise.
Many cruise ships have spas now, so you could spend the entire cruise in the spa...

My gal has cut my hair for the last 28 years - I lop hers off straight across the back. The good thing is that she's of an artistic bent and does a really good job - me, well, I can cut a straight line... Now and again she visits a hair dresser and usually ends up fixing the coloring/cutting work they do. Figure we dress to impress (each other).

I'll admit that I am a bit high maintenance. I have my roots done every 4 weeks, cut every 6, highlights every 3 months. I am scared to add how much my hair costs me in a year after you add in the root boost, thickening paste, control freak serum, plus the shampoo, conditioner and don't forget the leave in conditioner.

On the skin care side, I have the day and night moisturisers, and the eye wrinkle cream. I did try and cut back to cheaper brands ala Oil of Olay but my skin didn't like it.

On the treatment side I like my monthly pedicures and manicures, I occasionally have a facial, but regularly have a massage, then throw in a few bits getting waxed every now and then.

I did try the Mystic Tan spray on before I went to Hawaii. Came out rather well and I have decided I will probably continue these once a week throughout summer as I am the pastiest Australian you will ever see.

I know by now some of the males on this board have probably had a heart attack even thinking about how much all of the above costs. However we do balance it out by my husband only getting his haircut once every 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom