Show New Posts?

grumpy

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So is there an equivalent in the new software to the "show unread posts" button? If not, how are you locating what you want to look at? So far I am not finding an easy method to do that.
icon9.gif

Grumpy

Go to the tool bar on top of the screen, to the left of the place where you log out. Click on "quick links." You will find a "todays posts" option.

Go to the tool bar on top of the screen, to the left of the place where you log out. Click on "quick links." You will find a "todays posts" option.

And if that works for you, just bookmark that page when you get there and use it as your routine access to the board. Otherwise it stays a bit hidden under the QuickLinks drop-down menu.

But that's not the same as "show me all the threads I haven't read yet. That was my main way of using the forum.

I used to have one favorite for unread posts, one for viewing my posts (to see replies) and one for forum search. I think only one of these is available now.

Besides the "new posts" feature and the "todays posts" feature, on the left of the boards and on the left of each topic is an indication (for example, an open or closed envelope for a topic) as to whether there are any new posts since you last checked the board or thread.

But that's not the same as "show me all the threads I haven't read yet. That was my main way of using the forum.

I used to have one favorite for unread posts, one for viewing my posts (to see replies) and one for forum search. I think only one of these is available now.

"New Posts" seem to work well for checking for posts you haven't read yet because as soon as you read the post it disappears from the "new posts." But it doesn't seem to work right if you bookmark it.

You can look at your most recent posts as well by bookmarking your profile.

You can bookmark advanced search.

Last edited:
I liked the old "next post" button (or whatever it was) - it simply to you to the first unread in the next thread (which is simply what most pepole want to do).

Why people would change and drop this simple yet valuable functionality would go away for is boggling to me.

Maybe there's something I need to learn.....

Back
Top Bottom