Anyone else losing posts?

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I thought it might have just been me the first 2-3 times, but I've made posts and on looking at the threads the next day, seen that they werent there any more.

If it was in the middle of a reciprocated diatribe, I'd consider that they were modded out, although our mods have been good about telling me when they wanted something changed. These are just gone.

The one I lost yesterday had a bunch of stuff in it that I researched for about 45 minutes, so I'm a little annoyed...whether they're just going to space or being modded off with no notice.

If it was in the middle of a reciprocated diatribe, I'd consider that they were modded out, although our mods have been good about telling me when they wanted something changed. These are just gone.
The one I lost yesterday had a bunch of stuff in it that I researched for about 45 minutes, so I'm a little annoyed...whether they're just going to space or being modded off with no notice.
Folks, it's not us moderators-- no matter what SG thinks.

As some of you are keenly aware we'll tell you each & every time a post requires moderation, even if it's just to fix the BBCode formatting. We also try to preserve the original text on the moderator's board as a record of the possible emerging pattern of behavior.

I thought it might have just been me the first 2-3 times, but I've made posts and on looking at the threads the next day, seen that they werent there any more.

Are you absolutely positively sure they were actually posted? I've had a couple of recent situations where I hit the "Submit Reply" button and the screen refreshed, but nothing posted. Had to use the back button and try again.

Oh I was sure nobody moderated my posts and didnt say anything about it. On the very rare occasions someone mods my posts, I always get a PM. Given some of my content and comments, that moderating of them is rare is a statement unto itself.

REW...Ah, that could be the problem then...i'm often competing with a 2 year old for the keyboard. If submits dont actually work all the time then theres a chance a fair bit of my posts dont get actually submitted...I dont stop to re-read or check what I just said before moving to something else.

Ok, i'll save someone the trouble and just get it over with and set what I believe is a record by quoting myself in the very same post...

theres a chance a fair bit of my posts dont get actually submitted

Truly frightening!!!

I have done two dumb things that resulted in my post not uploading:1) Clicking on Preview then forgetting to click Submit; 2) I have a Google spell check tool at the top of my screen, if my cursor passes over the advertisement band often my post is lost.

As a precaution, you can always copy the text of your post before you hit submit. That way if it gets lost in cyberspace you can paste it for a second try rather than rekeying.

And easy way to copy text: Highlight the text and hit ctrl and c keys at the same time to copy.

To paste the text into a new place, hit ctrl and v

Back
Top Bottom