Swimsuit Tip for Ladies

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Kept wearing swimsuits out by swimming 4X a week. They would last about 2 months in general. Lifeguard friend told me to switch to 100% polyester suits and they would last longer. Bought one thru swimoutlet.com. Going on 7 months now, and still looks new! Who would have thunk it?

What are you swimming in, OF?

OF, it's hard enough to find a swimsuit that fits and looks nice, let alone limiting it to just a certain material (polyester!). But I'm very impressed that you swim four times a week! Indoor or outside? Pool or ocean? Swimming laps, water aerobics, or just splashing around?

Kept wearing swimsuits out by swimming 4X a week. They would last about 2 months in general. Lifeguard friend told me to switch to 100% polyester suits and they would last longer. Bought one thru swimoutlet.com. Going on 7 months now, and still looks new! Who would have thunk it?

I also swim a lot and I've been wearing Chlorine resistant suits by Lands End .They last & look good .

OrchidFlower, have you read "Swimming to Antarctica", by Lynne Cox? I'm reading it right now and finding it very interesting.

2Cor521

I'm skeptical. I think we need photographic documentation, right, guys?

Last edited:
When I was a lifeguard, the trick was to own a bunch of suits, ensure you washed all the chlorine out each night, air dry, and rotate them. Probably was up to 12-14 different suits in the rotation in those days.

I'm thinking you are in the water - why do you need a bathing suite?

Listen, no need to frighten the little children by posting photos of me in a swimsuit.
Regardless, I swim in chlorine. Yes, I, too, thought that swimsuits (some from Penney's, some from Kohl's, nothing fancy about $45-80) that lasted 2 months or maybe a few weeks more before they stretched so much you could see all my goodies was odd; but, after talking to old time swimmers in the pool that were women, found out that this was the NORM. Yes!
Anyway, chlorine free suits or 100% polyester works for me and others. Just passing the suggestion on in case anyone else has a problem, too.
I always wash the suit after in cold water then air dry it.
Well, it seems to be working. Cheaper than buying a new one every couple of months, which really irritated me. That's alot of wasted money that could go into something else more beneficial--even if it is giving to a homeless shelter. I hate waste.

Back
Top Bottom