"Funny" Boat Discussion with DW.........

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Ok, I used to own a fishing boat and lived on a river, and fished all the time. Then DW and I moved, and we live within 20 minutes of about 20 lakes, yet I rarely go fishing.

I casually mentioned to DW 6 months ago I was going to start looking for a boat, and wanted to get one within 2-3 years.

DW now is pushing me to GET a boat, she thinks it's a wonderful idea. I am suspicious, because I have no place to store it ay my house (which I think is the best idea), unless I rip out some landscaping and have a concrete apron poured. She thinks I should store it in a barn that's less than a half mile from our house.

I keep telling her that based upon our 2008 budget, and the home improvements and other things we have budgeted, I want to wait another year or so we can pay cash. DW has no problem taking a loan out for the boat and paying it back in a year or so........

Why does this incredible "green light" I am getting seem like a flashing red one to me? Now I am the one holding back.............:D:eek:

FD, you are too suspicious! I was the one who actually went to the broker's office and negotiated for and then wrote the check for our sailboat. Gave DH the keys for his birthday present that night!
I am the one now haunting the yachtworld listings in fear of finding the perfect boat again. Some of us wives actually want our DHs to be happy! :)
You are very lucky--and yes, there is some expensive thing she wants to get right after you get the boat, or maybe she just upped your life insurance.... :)

;)Maybe she is planning an affair?

likely nothing to get paranoid about. sounds like it is just the check & balance system which often sets up in a relationship. don't be surprised when you decide to get the boat that dw doesn't argue back the other way.

I'd worry even more if she wants you to take the small fry all the time too.

:D

Sorry FDude, but you brought it up! You know that we want the best for you, right? ;)

Ya watch out for the old BAIT and switch move. She just might try and reel you back in from your fishing dream.. :D

Seriously, new fishing boat sales are sinking (so to speak) because of the lending mess, although aluminum boat sales are doing ok. If you are a cash buyer there are deals out there.

The yacht repair business is busy as the upper part of the market to 60 ft seems to be maintaining, not upgrading.

Disclosure: Relative in the business.

What does she give as the reason she thinks it's a wonderful idea?

This is funny. Substitute boat for travel trailer and him & her and the same discussion is going on at our house.

Buy the boat.

Buy the travel trailer.

Hurry up. Time is a wastin'!

What does she give as the reason she thinks it's a wonderful idea?
Yeah, "you deserve it"...........:eek::eek:

Reminds me of "Lost in Space": "WARNING, Will Robinson, ALIEN ALERT"!!! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom