Classic car auction

HFWR

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Earlier I was watching a rerun of the Mecum classic car auction on HDT. Too bad I don't have a few extra thousands sitting around. A '55 t-bird went for about $18k. A '69 Camaro went for around $23k.

Of course, the '70 Hemi Cuda went for $200k+...

Earlier I was watching a rerun of the Mecum classic car auction on HDT. Too bad I don't have a few extra thousands sitting around. A '55 t-bird went for about $18k. A '69 Camaro went for around $23k.

Of course, the '70 Hemi Cuda went for $200k+...

Pocket change. Go for it chief.

Mecum has been having live broadcast for the last few weeks on Speed Vision.

Not as well run as the Barrett Jackson auction. With Mecum you can put a reserve on your car but Barrett Jackson is a no reserve aucton.

I went to the Barrett Jackson Palm Beach auction a few weeks ago and the Mecum auction in Orlando this past January.

Barett Jackson runs on Espn. Seems like some of those cars go for a reasonable price. Im not dropping 200k for no Cuda though

Last edited:
I believe they said there were only 234 of that particular Cuda. I had a classmate in hs with a Challenger hemi, w/2-4bbls. That mother was dangerous.

Yep, I saw that too. The Vettes were going for very little money. Glad I didn't spend $57k on one a few months ago. :eek:

Yeah, the rare cars are still doing moon shots with the prices.

Back in 2000 I sold a 1969 Hemi GTX super track pack car with 21K miles. I had the car for over 16 years and sold it for what I bought it for. If I still had the car it would put me in a diff. tax bracket.

When I used to take it to car shows I'd always have one or 2 people come over to me and tell me they had one just like it. What's the chances of that since they only built 99 hemi GTX's in 1969 with a 4 speed. I must have run into 2000 original owners of these cars in 16 years.

I would love to have a 56-58 Corvette - such a classic!

Here's a nice vette - not mine but I wish it was!

oldcvette.jpg

Thats a beauty and its the vette body type I like the most.......I wonder what they go for now-a-days?

The McDonalds roof matches the color.

That vette's nice. I've been to that car gathering and have seen some rare cars in between the classics.

It's a fun hobby. im up to 9 cars now - yipeee. Hagarty insurance is inexpensive to keep them legal and parts (mechanical) are dirt cheap for the 60s/70s engine and drivetrain.

Hope the hobby becomes a valuable asset in the coming years. But consider a 69 - 73 muscle car... is that peaking now?

I mean who wants a model t now or even the 57's are losing it (except the cadillac for me) ... is there a wave that retires the values or are these pre 1974 archived as an era?

Back
Top Bottom