Midyear Results 2008

retire@40

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What, it's the middle of July and nobody is interested in YTD performance?

When we are in the positive we can't wait to make the public announcements, but the crickets can be heard when we are in the red.

Total Annualized Weighted Average Return through June 30 = -7.74%

This includes all retirement and non-retirement invested assets (cash accounts, mutual funds, stocks, bonds), but not home.

Woot. I beat you -9.01 YTD through today!!! Oh wait, I have that backwards don't I:confused:.

Never mind...

DD

Retirement fund: -6.8% through June 30th.

It looks much worse when I calculate through today!

Audrey

Last edited:
I've not tracked well enough to know for sure, but somewhere on the order of -12 to -15%...ouch. I was a bit overweighted in int'l and underweighted in bonds/cash.

That being said, I'm down about -5% in pounds...I think the worrying about the portfolio helps with that side of the balance sheet...:rolleyes:

I'm down 8.8% in my investments. We are around 70% stocks. We have a cola'd pension that covers 90% of our budget so no worries yet. As long as the pension is safe that is.

Are you including the money you are putting in at the same time as well?

Good point. That's a bad way to measure performance... although I assume the new money is down also ;)

If I include new money contributions, then I am rather positive YTD. Heck, my 401(k) is down only a little more than what my employer has put in... so I'm not even losing my money!

No, we are not the Beardstown Ladies.

I do keep track of my net worth growth on a monthly basis separately and fortunately that has been doing very well this year and over the long-term. To me, my net worth growth is the more important number.

Back
Top Bottom