Your favorite car ?

Moemg

Gone but not forgotten
I loved this car . It was fun to drive and a perfect match to my personality .I bought it on a lark . I had never driven stick before so I bucked a lot at first but I got the hang of it and drove it everywhere .So this is my favorite car What's yours ?

Attachments

• 250px-VW_Karmann_Ghia_Typ_14_-_BJ_1967_Cabriolet_-_von_links_vorne.jpg
    250px-VW_Karmann_Ghia_Typ_14_-_BJ_1967_Cabriolet_-_von_links_vorne.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 226
I can’t decide on an absolute favorite but I am sure that I really loved owing one of these.

Attachments

• 1962-cooper.jpg
    1962-cooper.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 6
It's been more than a year and I still miss it.

z129359244.jpg

1994-97-Honda-Accord-95802041990216.jpg

1995 Honda Accord LX: that's my baby!

This is a recent photo of a childhood friend's favorite car. It was taken at a diner in Eagle, WI where people gather to show off their classic cars. Does anyone know the model & year of this convertible hardtop? BTW, it has a red interior and an unbelievably smooth ride.

Moe, I don't have a favorite car myself but your mention of the Karmann Ghia really brings back fond memories. A college roommate had one and I've started arguing with myself about where we went in that car. I loved my 1970 Maverick but I'm not obsessed like my friend with his classic Fords.

Attachments

• IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 4
This is a recent photo of a childhood friend's favorite car. It was taken at a diner in Eagle, WI where people gather to show off their classic cars. Does anyone know the model & year of this convertible hardtop? BTW, it has a red interior and an unbelievably smooth ride.

I don't know a lot about cars but I think it is a Ford Thunderbird probably early 60's .

Attachments

• 250px-1959_Ford_Thunderbird_Convertible.jpg
    250px-1959_Ford_Thunderbird_Convertible.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 183
'97 Miata, which I'm still driving, though the '86 Acura Integra I used to have was close.

and of course my first love

Me too! My first car of my own was a 1967 convertible super beetle. I loved that car. Even though you had to pry the clutch up with your foot in the winter, drive with a sleeping bag around your shoulders, and a drivers license to keep scraping the inside of the window. :)

I don't know a lot about cars but I think it is a Ford Thunderbird probably early 60's .

You may be right. I was afraid someone here would jump all over me if I guessed wrong--mid to late '50s Fairlane?

But again T-Birds sure bring back memories. I had another friend who had one circa 1970--lots of fun out on the freeway with the radar detector on. I almost didn't open your thread, thought I wasn't into cars.:)

Me too! My first car of my own was a 1967 convertible super beetle. I loved that car. Even though you had to pry the clutch up with your foot in the winter, drive with a sleeping bag around your shoulders, and a drivers license to keep scraping the inside of the window. :)

And the defroster only worked as long as you were moving.

And you could use the scraper on the outside of the windshield from the driver's seat.

And you only really needed the clutch for first and reverse.

2000 Miata LS... (Mine's green, but I don't have pics online right now.)
2000-Mazda-Miata-00807091990006.jpg

However, if I can ever get this other darn thing assembled, this may change...
35.jpg

:D

And the defroster only worked as long as you were moving.

And you could use the scraper on the outside of the windshield from the driver's seat.

And you only really needed the clutch for first and reverse.

and the trunk only held one bag of groceries !

I never bought a Challenger, but I always loved the looks of that car:

1973_Dodge_Challenger_W-138.jpg

Probably the favorite of the ones I owned was an '83 RX7. Fun car, handled well, and a blast to drive.

Attachments

• scan3260.jpg
    scan3260.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 4

It is from the 1958-1960 series. The 58-59 had 4 taillights (2/2) and the '60 6 (3/3). The grill on th '58 had the Ford "circle grill", the '59 had straight bar grill and the '60 the straight bar with verrtical mini-bars.

The series was known as the "square birds", since they were the first 4-seaters vs. 2-seat for the '55-57 series.

I had a '58, '65, '66, & '81 birds (guess you can say I'm a "junkie" :D )...

- Ron

and the trunk only held one bag of groceries !

Yeah, but that was all you needed..............

Prius has become my favorite car. I really enjoy drive-by-wire.

I have a soft spot in my heart for a 1989 Yugo that I owned for five months. I bought it for $995 and sold it for the same price. You gotta love a car whose clutch can be fixed with a pair of pliers...

My favourite car thaat I owned was a 71 Dodge Charger SE, with 383 magnum and Slapstick shifter. My buddies Dodge Monaco convertable with a slightly >:D modified 440 was the perfect sleeper and another of my favourites.

Back
Top Bottom