Letterman and Stern

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
I posted this earlier but forgot to say why. It's funny and appropriate on the Tonight Show handoff.

Love the post steelyman. Howard may be a lightning rod for controversy but he can be counted on to ask the questions that others are afraid to. Did you notice how Dave's expression changed when the discussion around Jay became uncomfortable for him? There is a ton of history between the two (Dave and Jay) and although they may have buried the hatchet I still don't think it sits well with Dave.

Love the post steelyman. Howard may be a lightning rod for controversy but he can be counted on to ask the questions that others are afraid to. Did you notice how Dave's expression changed when the discussion around Jay became uncomfortable for him? There is a ton of history between the two (Dave and Jay) and although they may have buried the hatchet I still don't think it sits well with Dave.

:)

Letterman gives his guests space.

That was good thanks for posting it. I used to watch Letterman routinely back in the 80's/90's.

loved this interview...thanks for posting.. reveals a ton about both guys.. they were very real, up close and personal in this segment...!!!

Great post!

I used to watch Letterman but now his political humor is too mean spirited for me.

22 minutes. No way am I'm going to watch that.

Well worth it. Not a talk show watcher, but that's got to be the best I've seen since Carson. Liked the honesty.

Many times I can hate the guy, but he can certainly open up.

Liked what Dave said about Rickles. Once these guys are gone, they're gone forever.

When I lived in NJ about 30 years ago I used to listen to Howard on WNBC (Imus was AM guy/ Howard PM) and he occasionally bragged that Dave was his buddy etc. I thought he was lying. At the same time I used to VCR Dave's show and watch it. One night Howard was a guest and the discussion was not too different than what was on the above tape. I was surprised to see HS in a 3 piece suit. What's up with that?

I really like both guys... The HS interview with Donovan Leitch last week was amazing.. Its up on Youtube.. Lots of Beatles stories

Back
Top Bottom