People get paid to write this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary: "We fear the unknown."

One of the finest examples of journalistic wibbling that I've seen this year.

One of the finest examples of journalistic wibbling that I've seen this year.

Indeed. Is the outcome of the election going to have any effect whatsoever on how many cars, tractors, soft drinks, potato chips, bed sheets or toilet paper is sold?

Somehow I doubt it.

The article is sort of like what is the "unknown fear we don't know about".

Actually, there is one risk, and that is if as soon as the Republicans get control they quit listening to 'Business' and start doing things like instigating government shutdowns and spending all their time on impeachment. Now THAT will cause uncertainty! At least there is certainty in total gridlock!!

But there is very little that they could do after this election that they can't already do now. They can already shut down the government if they want to. Gaining or losing the Senate isn't going to change that.

There just isn't anything unknown here. In 2016, there could be some real uncertainty because it may be possible for one party to get both Congress and the White House. Uncertain results in that election could matter to stocks (although probably still less than people think).

This election is almost meaningless to stocks. It mostly amounts to whether things will get bottled up in the Senate/House or veto'd by the White House. Either way, nothing of substance is going to get done.

The article is sort of like what is the "unknown fear we don't know about".

Actually, there is one risk, and that is if as soon as the Republicans get control they quit listening to 'Business' and start doing things like instigating government shutdowns and spending all their time on impeachment. Now THAT will cause uncertainty! At least there is certainty in total gridlock!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom