How to write accents on iphone5

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I am trying to use Duolingo on my iPhone 5. When the program asks me to translate an English phrase to Spanish, if I don't enter a required accent the program corrects me. Also, I would like to use the accents to correctly learn to write Spanish. I don't see any accents on the iPhone keyboard. I am wondering if there are keystrokes I can use to get the needed marks? (Especially the accent acute eg é.)

I know how to do this on my PC, but not on the iPhone.

Any suggestions?

Ha

Hold the letter key down for 1 or 2 seconds. Don't just press it, but hold it down and you will get a choice of accented letters to choose from.

Works like that on my Droid too, I never knew that. Thanks.

FYI, also works that way on the Mac keyboard - not the only way, but press and hold pops up the various options if that key has them.

Hold the letter key down for 1 or 2 seconds. Don't just press it, but hold it down and you will get a choice of accented letters to choose from.
Thank you, this is the sort of trick that I hoped to uncover.

Ha

Still using a dinosaur iPhone4, but go to SETTINGS/GENERAL/KEYBOARD, and add a Spanish keyboard.

Still using a dinosaur iPhone4, but go to SETTINGS/GENERAL/KEYBOARD, and add a Spanish keyboard.
Thanks HFWR, this is easier yet.

Ha

Yep, that's what I do. I have a few international keyboards installed on my iPhone, it makes it so much easier to switch from one language to the next (spell checking is done in that language too, another benefit, which means that the accents are usually added in the right place without fussing with the hold and pick your accent function).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom