Can You pass This Retirement Quiz?

Nailed it.

I got them all right! :dance:

(Who'd've thought that "Don't know" would be correct in every instance?)

OK. But I wonder if the "facts" will hold true in the future.

Last edited:
5/5
But had I not been a regular visitor to this forum I'd likely by 0/5

Um, #2? I thought it was actuarially neutral as to when you take SS?

5/5. Guess I can go party now.:dance:

Um, #2? I thought it was actuarially neutral as to when you take SS?

You are correct. I got 5/5 because a long time ago I learned to give the answers "they" wanted, which are not necessarily as black and white as the tester believes.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I only got 3 of 5. Will be reapplying for my old job next week I guess.

You are correct. I got 5/5 because a long time ago I learned to give the answers "they" wanted, which are not necessarily as black and white as the tester believes.

This is key. I knew the old "3% last years vs work longer" question, but was loathe to answer it because of ER. We here know part of that equation is you work longer, so your retirement is shorter. Great retirement plan!

Also the private pay vs medicaid on long term care. Do you WANT to be in a medicaid funded situation?

This is key. I knew the old "3% last years vs work longer" question, but was loathe to answer it because of ER. We here know part of that equation is you work longer, so your retirement is shorter. Great retirement plan!

Also the private pay vs medicaid on long term care. Do you WANT to be in a medicaid funded situation?

Working longer was a separate option from delaying SS though. So it didn't seem to me that delaying SS implied continuing to work. Oh well, just a meaningless quiz.

Flunked the test big time. I'm ok with that - have paddled my own canoe too long to stop now. 4% for 30? Medicaid? pass. Too many of the right answers were wrong for me.

4/5. Just couldn't see myself giving a "work longer" answer to retirement.

Back
Top Bottom