Thank you folks so much for your kind words, today was actually my last day of work.

Floridatennisplayer

Recycles dryer sheets
Sorry my retirement announcement thread from last Friday got closed down due to some very distasteful remarks from one individual before I had the chance to respond to some questions asked by some of you. I was so excited to share my retirement with this group!

Although I was burned out from my job, I was still passionately involved with my patients, physicians, and staff helping those suffering from diabetes and GI issues.

I went around to say goodbye to some of my favorite physicians today. I honestly had no idea some people felt the way they did about me. One office gave me a Smith & Wollensky gift card of a substantial amount...very taken back. Another office had 9 envelopes for me and asked me not to open them until I left. I got in my car and started opening them......each envelope was a letter from different office personnel. Some typed, some written. I couldn’t get through but two of them. I was crying like a baby.

Like I said, I had no idea how along the years that things I said or did effected people. I had completely forgotten many of these things. I wanted to go back in the office but I was really overcome. I pulled out of my parking space which was up front and moved to the back of the parking lot until I kind of composed myself. Then I walked back in. We went back in the break room. Hugged, cried, laughed.

Whew, wonderful day.

I really learned today that some people DO pay attention to what you say and it does effect them!

Congratulations on your last day of w#rk! Now a new and exciting chapter awaits. :dance::dance:

It's wonderful that the folks you worked with had an opportunity to tell you how much they appreciated you and how much you meant to them, and equally wonderful that you had the chance to hear this from them!

Congratulations, sometimes you don't know how much influence you had, or they had, for a long time. It's a great way to go out.

Outstanding and I wish you well.

FLoridaTennisplayer - Congratulations !

Its wonderful that your co-workers showed so much appreciation !

Enjoy your retirement.
PS I enjoy reading your posts and look forward to more.

Congratulations! It is great to retire with the displays of appreciation from your colleagues.

Wow, some sudden changes in your life, but I think you are ready for them.. Congrats and Happy New Year!

I really learned today that some people DO pay attention to what you say and it does effect them!

Congratulations!

One of the surprises for me was that people who I thought were more than work-friends, I never heard from again...those who I thought didn't give a damn still call, email or lunch with me 14 years later.

Good luck!

Congratulations!

One of the surprises for me was that people who I thought were more than work-friends, I never heard from again...those who I thought didn't give a damn still call, email or lunch with me 14 years later.

Good luck!

So true. Today one of my Indian physicians who was always beyond professional, I actually thought she didn’t even like me, hugged me and cried. I was floored.

This is awesome FTP. What a way to go out. The "next guy up" is going to be up against a legend.

I'm happy for you

It's wonderful that your clients had the opportunity to tell you how you impacted them!

Congrats. You won!

You stood up to them and walked away with a bag of money. That is good.

Your customers and associates showed their appreciation for all you have done for them. That is heartwarming and proof positive that you made a difference.

You should be very proud as you walk into the next chapter of your life.

Well done you.

Congrats again.
Hope to meet you at the SW FLA get together.

That sounds like the ideal way to go out. Nice group of people you worked with, to make their feelings known like that. Must've been very touching.

Congrats on entering the next phase of your life. Hope you enjoy it.

Congratulations. Very happy for you.

I left my company in a buy out situation. That meant that I got called to HR one day and was walked out. It was all polite and friendly, but it did not allow me the opportunity to say goodbye and thank you to a number of people nor them to do so for me. I never thought I would want a goodbye “party”, but I wish I would have. My departure was too abrupt. I’m glad you got the chance that you did to connect with people on that level.

Congrats, that that mean you will spend more time in Florida?

I say yes, our 2 grandkids say......don’t go PawPaw.

IMG_0069.JPGIMG_0067.JPG

Back
Top Bottom