Drunk Shopping

I have never and will never be drunk enough to buy Justin Timberlake tickets!
Having said that, I may have made some purchases while slightly under the influence, but nothing of the scale of these folks. Definitely made firm travel plans, if not actual plane ticket purchases, while drinking.

A friend of mine confessed she drinks wine and buys Groupons. I still think this is funny.

Not really shopping, but don't show me a gofundme for someone's cat that needs surgery after my 2nd glass of wine...

No, I cannot think of a single instance when I bought something while drunk.

I never mix drinking and shopping, even when not drunk, because when I drink it is an activity to enjoy by itself and shopping never crosses my mind.

And when I got drunk, I just wanted to go to sleep.

I bought a timeshare in Lake Tahoe during a day of drinking and gambling. Cancelled it a couple of days later.

I learned long before we had Internet access that any form of drugs and shopping was a bad combination. After some surgery I was prescribed Percocet for pain. I found that Percocet, tool catalogs, a telephone, boredom and a Visa card are a very bad combination. A while later the UPS truck was at my house every day for about a week.

A costly lesson, and well learned.:LOL:

Not happened yet. I did not find anything about situational context here.

If I'm out on town drink, talk, dance etc. No time for shopping.

If at a party more or less the same.

If I'm at home getting drunk - or if come home half drunk and don't hit the bed - I usually start playng my guitars.

Two comments:
1) They should have considered QVC and Home Shopping Network as drunk targets also.

2) Does this explain why Prohibition and the Great Depression were overlapping?

Definitely made firm travel plans, if not actual plane ticket purchases, while drinking.
Well, THAT explains things, hehe!

Here's a quote from the article that explains some of the non-PUI* people here:

Computer engineers prefer retiring by 30 to purchasing 3-foot-long gummy worms on Amazon after downing 14 Tequila Sunrises.
I can't say I've NEVER bought something online after consuming an adult beverage, but it's not my habit. Also, my typical shopping pattern often spans days (I put something in the shopping cart and see how I feel about it the next day, or the next time I happen to go to Amazon, very often).

*Purchasing Under the Influence

Last edited:
Who's guilty here?

Your thoughts on this article?
The drunk buyer is wholly responsible. If you get drunk, you’re not absolved of responsibility IMO.

I made some bad decisions when I was younger, and maybe some dumb purchases but nothing like expensive tickets. Now when I drink too much, my transgressions are limited to saying dumb things...

Last edited:
After a few beers, I was captivated by one of those home shopping channels. The item was a variety collection of 125 pocket knives. For the price of $199.95, I could not see the downside to making this purchase. Of course, the resulting delivery was a bit disappointing, not to mention getting yelled at by DW. They were cheap Chinese blades that I gave as gifts for several years. The last dozen or so I gave away as a bonus prize at a garage sale.

Doesn't someone here have tag line something like: In all fairness to alcohol, I have made some bad decisions while sober?

Well, the only thing I have ever bought while drunk was more booze... well, maybe something to eat...

I just do not get drunk anymore... for many decades...

Well, the only thing I have ever bought while drunk was more booze... well, maybe something to eat...

I just do not get drunk anymore... for many decades...

A long time ago, I got drunk in public. And when that happened, I did not buy more drink. :)

Kind of the opposite for me. I get drunk on the shopping at Amazon. I have to keep reminding myself, that checking the daily deals is not a past time or form of entertainment. Shopping is a hard habit to break. It's been hard, but I'm doing pretty good. Keeping in mind that I'm not bringing in any earned income (i.e. living off my portfolio), is critical but not easy for me.

I have done a lot of shopping, not all of it well-considered. But not while drunk, because I have never been drunk.

I don't drink at all and haven't for many years.

I don't need to be drunk to buy something stupid on Amazon, though! Love my Amazon doo-dads... :D

Back
Top Bottom