It's down to the wire. No looking back.

EastWest Gal

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Two workdays left-tomorrow and Thursday. I'm so excited I can't stand it. This is already an amazing week.

Third time's the charm. This time there is no going back. No one will call begging me to help out at the hospital. When I leave there's not too many left at the hospital that I will miss. Those I care about have either retired or moved away.

This time I'm not going to worry about health insurance. The cost will be high most years until Medicare age, but that is now in the budget. Cobra is slightly less expensive than insurance through the ACA, and our deductible is less than half, that will get us until near the end of 2020.

To top it off, after 9 months of going back and forth with the PA Department of Education, my son, who got his degree out of state, finally got his teaching license. He's almost done with his Master's degree. He's been working part time, saving money, enjoying gaming on Friday and Saturday nights. I've been worried about his lack of motivation, but it was just being beaten down by the state bureacracy. (Many departments in the state government have computers that simply hang up on you when you try to call, usually after keeping you on hold for 20 minutes.)

Within 5 minutes of getting a copy of his license emailed, he was on the job search and found the perfect job. Will he get it? Probably not-the competition will be fierce. It's in music, in his instrument, at one of the best private schools in the country. But meanwhile, we can all dream for this to be a perfect week.

Frankly, I'm too busy to work anymore!:dance:

Congratulations and enjoy your retirement.

^ Lol! I like that. I wish you the best and many years of a happy retirement.

Congratulations - that is a great position to be in and a very nice feeling to it.

awesome and congratulations !!!!!!! I got 65 calendar days left and it's hard to stay focus at work lately .

Enjoy your retirement! I hope your son lands his dream job.

WONDERFUL!!! Congratulations. Hopefully you will savor and remember the joy of this week for a long time. :D

:dance: :clap:

Congratulations to you! Update us in a month or two and let us know how it's going. [emoji4]

It was a wild two days-newborn nursery was far too busy, I had to sacrifice sleep Thursday morning to get the work done. But I’m on the other side again and it feels great. This is my third time, and no looking back. I know a couple of nurses who I see almost as sisters (through our life experiences, not just work) that I will remain in contact with and likely get together with socially.

No euphoria, no melancholy. Just another day, with work around the house and yard planned. And the gym. At last. It’s truly great.

Enjoy your first day!

Congrats E-W-Gal! You sound so mentally ready for retirement this time, instead of simply being burnt out the last time(s). To peace-filled days, better health, and forging ahead with new interests and a renewed love of life.

EastWest Gal, just contemplate how you will feel around 3:00 tomorrow, when you DON'T have to think about getting ready for work. It still hasn't lost its charm!

Congrats E-W-Gal! I'm happy for you. Keep us updated on retired life.

Back
Top Bottom