What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you're talking about. One side gave me grief for several weeks because after getting a crown on back molar, I did keep biting that raised area while chewing food. Once bitten, it'd puff up more, making it more susceptible to another bite. Ouch! Not sure if they're from side sleeping though. I usually sleep on my right side, but there are raised areas on both sides.

I remember going through a period where I actually would accidently bite the inside of my cheek. I don't know what was causing that. Maybe it caused a permanent raised area.

Worst product package!

I bought a 1/2 gallon of milk at Aldi. I like Aldi for a lot of reasons, but this is just awful. See that indent on the side? That's a handhold. But it's a fairly flexible plastic so when you need to take the cap off for the first time (this was full to the top before I used/wasted the milk that's missing) you are squeezing the container, which makes the milk rise up and spill out the opening when you get the cap off! See how the top is indented? All the excess milk ends up in that little well around the cap. So I needed a paper towel to sop that up. Then I go to pour milk into my cereal bowl. But the opening is in the center of the container, recessed a little. There's no way to pour without the milk getting all over the outside of the container and also on the outside of the bowl. So now I'm wiping off the milk container, my counter and my cereal bowl.

Too much work, too much mess! I moved the half gallon of milk to a plastic pitcher that has a nice cover and a usable spout.

Attachments

• C89EE302-9173-4822-ABF2-4CA5CF115BDB_1_201_a.jpg
    C89EE302-9173-4822-ABF2-4CA5CF115BDB_1_201_a.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 52
I've never seen a milk container like that - at Aldis or anywhere else. It seems like a very poor design.

I think Costco milk containers are also poorly designed. I bought a gallon once and never again.

I rinsed out the empty container for recycling and wondered if that pour spout was supposed to sit so low and make that well around it. I pulled hard and was able to pull the spout out so that it looks like a more normal opening. I think the problem was that the cartons were probably stacked beyond their strength capacity and were collapsed.

Still, a very poor design for something likely to be stacked in transit. And the plastic is just too flimsy to be grabbed to twist off the cap.

I tweeted @aldiusa and they thanked me for the feedback and will pass on the info to their quality team.

Last edited:
While we are on a container rant, let me add one for the Walmart brand sunscreen. The container is not pliable, so when it gets about half empty, you cannot squeeze the remainder out. I had to cut the bottle in half and scoop it into another container. Its a shame because the Equate brand is highly rated and economical, but that bottle is a poor design.

Attachments

• E7282BA3-B778-4473-977A-7A35F560946F.jpg
    E7282BA3-B778-4473-977A-7A35F560946F.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 26
Worst product package!

I bought a 1/2 gallon of milk at Aldi. I like Aldi for a lot of reasons, but this is just awful. See that indent on the side? That's a handhold. But it's a fairly flexible plastic so when you need to take the cap off for the first time (this was full to the top before I used/wasted the milk that's missing) you are squeezing the container, which makes the milk rise up and spill out the opening when you get the cap off! See how the top is indented? All the excess milk ends up in that little well around the cap. So I needed a paper towel to sop that up. Then I go to pour milk into my cereal bowl. But the opening is in the center of the container, recessed a little. There's no way to pour without the milk getting all over the outside of the container and also on the outside of the bowl. So now I'm wiping off the milk container, my counter and my cereal bowl.

Too much work, too much mess! I moved the half gallon of milk to a plastic pitcher that has a nice cover and a usable spout.

Well on the bright side I really like your backsplash and kitchen countertop. Great Look...

Well on the bright side I really like your backsplash and kitchen countertop. Great Look...

After waiting decades to do it we renovated the kitchen in 2019. We just love it!

Thank you for the comment. :greetings10:

While we are on a container rant, let me add one for the Walmart brand sunscreen. The container is not pliable, so when it gets about half empty, you cannot squeeze the remainder out. I had to cut the bottle in half and scoop it into another container. Its a shame because the Equate brand is highly rated and economical, but that bottle is a poor design.

The same design is used for many ketchup bottles. Supposedly, it lets you get the ketchup out more easily, except for that last bit that doesn't come out no matter how hard you wave the bottle. I usually take the cap off and try to swipe it out with a chunk of potato, or just use my little finger, if we don't have company at the table.

Posters who post to a thread and type 30 continuous lines of text without paragraph breaks. I just can't be bothered to read stuff like that. :facepalm: (see if you can find it - posted today)

Why is an investment account the default for Fidelity BillPay? I always use a cash account but the form was different this time, and I can't even cancel it! Hopefully it just won't go though because I'm paying again from my usual cash account.

Now I have to read the Fidelity BillPay terms of service to see if there's an insufficient funds charge and dispute it if there is. I got this email:

October 19, 2020

Fiserv, the service provider for Fidelity BillPay with Fidelity Brokerage Services, processes the payments that you make through Fidelity BillPay. At your request, Fiserv processed the payment to [redacted] on 10/14/2020 for $891.65. However, after sending money to [redacted], Fiserv could not withdraw the funds from your payment account. Fiserv's second attempt to withdraw the funds was also unsuccessful. As a result, the money Fiserv sent to [redacted] on your behalf was returned to Fiserv.

You May Still Have a Payment Due to [redacted]

Your statement from [redacted] may show a posted payment and a corresponding reversed payment. Unless you've made other payment arrangements, your payment is still due.

Your Fidelity BillPay account remains in good standing, and you can use it to schedule additional payments. To avoid problems with your service, make sure your payment account has the funds to cover future transactions.

Service Fees

Any service fees associated with insufficient funds in your account to pay [redacted] will be withdrawn in accordance with your Fidelity BillPay terms of service. Other standard processing fees may apply.

Posters who post to a thread and type 30 continuous lines of text without paragraph breaks. I just can't be bothered to read stuff like that. :facepalm: (see if you can find it - posted today)

I didn’t try to find it, but even worse are those who don’t use capitalization, periods, or any kind of punctuation as well.

I knew we never should have started charging by the paragraph.

Ran into another person in a big box parking lot today out of gas, asking for gas money. It's an epidemic! 3rd time this year!

Scam, scam, scam, scam.

Worst product package!

You sure the top was not crushed down? I have seen many bottles where the top is crushed... not by design...

Fully loaded with coal, triaxle trucks tailgating and driving like mad, so to get in one extra load for the day. They haul about 25 tons, so pretty much any unintended encounter with one in a car will guarantee a demolished car.
iu

Last edited:
Fully loaded with coal, triaxle trucks tailgating and driving like mad, so to get in one extra load for the day. They haul about 25 tons, so pretty much any unintended encounter with one in a car will guarantee a demolished car.
iu
We have a quarry near us and the gravel truck drivers seems to be recruited from the same driving school. Ditto the log truck drivers.

Those big trucks that don't follow the truck routes in town. We get a lot of off-route trucks at a nearby intersection, and they frequently block traffic because they can't make a right turn unless the kitty-corner left turn lane is empty, or the first car can back up a car length or more from the stop line. Like that's gonna happen if there's a line of cars that needs to back up. Plus there's all that extra weight on roads that weren't built for big trucks. And semi-trucks are enormous these days!

Ran into another person in a big box parking lot today out of gas, asking for gas money. It's an epidemic! 3rd time this year!

Scam, scam, scam, scam.

Last time I had one of those, which I think was “l’m out of gas and need help to get my kids” or something, it was in front of Best Buy so I told him to check with the security guard in the store because he’d be glad to call the cops to help him. :D

Scam, scam, scam, scam.

When some has asked me that, I offer to fill up their tank if the gas station is nearby, or go bring them back a couple of gallons of gas. 99% of the time they go away, so obvious scam. The few times they did accept, they were very grateful and in one case sent me the money I spent plus extra the next week.

Those big trucks that don't follow the truck routes in town. We get a lot of off-route trucks at a nearby intersection, and they frequently block traffic because they can't make a right turn unless the kitty-corner left turn lane is empty, or the first car can back up a car length or more from the stop line. Like that's gonna happen if there's a line of cars that needs to back up. Plus there's all that extra weight on roads that weren't built for big trucks. And semi-trucks are enormous these days!
We get those on twisty mountain roads over a gap (not quite high enough to be a "pass", I guess). There are signs warning trucks to not follow satellite navigation to use those roads, but it gets ignored, and sometimes they totally block the road. I got stuck once behind one, and figured it'd take at least an hour to get around on a good alternate route, maybe 45 minutes on narrow dirt roads. Another guy waiting was answering a booty call (no lie!), and hitched a tow rope from his pickup to the truck (which had an empty load, which tipped a wheel off the ground) and was able to pull it clear. Not sure how the truck did on the back side of the mountain, same kind of turns.

"Christmas creep" in stores, for lack of a better term. I was in Lowes about a week ago and they already have all the decorations out. Worse, playing the music. Not even Halloween yet! If I worked there, I'd quit over hearing "Frosty the snowman" for the gazillionth time alone. Either that or have a breakdown and choke to death some smiley yahoo with a Santa hat on.

"Christmas creep" in stores, for lack of a better term. I was in Lowes about a week ago and they already have all the decorations out. Worse, playing the music. Not even Halloween yet! If I worked there, I'd quit over hearing "Frosty the snowman" for the gazillionth time alone. Either that or have a breakdown and choke to death some smiley yahoo with a Santa hat on.

I totally agree. Around here, for some reason I've never figured out, people go all out with extremely elaborate house and yard decorations for Halloween. It begins right after Labor Day, and is at it's absolute zenith right now. I just saw the first Xmas decoration displays in Home Depot yesterday, so that has begun here as well.

When I was a kid, it didn't start until the day after Thanksgiving. Can everyone really have so much disposable income that they want to blow their dough on this stuff? Really? This year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom