2014 Survey on Supplement Usage

Wow, that's a lot! 68% of US adults take a supplement of some kind. But then, they do include people who just take a multi-vitamin every morning and no other supplements.

That reminds me; I need to start taking a multivitamin each day once again. I stopped for some reason (probably during my LBYM years, due to the ridiculously high expense of multivitamins). I also used to like Viactiv calcium chews, but I probably don't really need them.

Last edited:
"The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), founded in 1973 and based in Washington, D.C., is the leading trade association representing dietary supplement and functional food manufacturers and ingredient suppliers."

I think their numbers seem high; 68% of all adults reported taking dietary supplements.

I use Emergen-C, which is a powdered supplement. I also take D3 and magnesium. Magnesium is the only supplement I've taken that I can feel a difference from (my muscle aches went away).

I think their numbers seem high; 68% of all adults reported taking dietary supplements.

Probably like many survey conclusions, its based on some sampling of the population, but given how popular supplements are at Costco I have no reason to disbelieve their findings:D

I consider a Donut to be a dietary supplement. I'm on the one-a-day chewables.

A Donut a day keeps the Doctor away,

or,

A Donut a day keeps the Mortician in pay.

I'll let ya know how it turns out. Or maybe I won't (be able to).

Back
Top Bottom