2019 tax software

If you don't mind getting it from one of the cheaper places (you are essentially just buying a license number anyway), it's $29.99 at TurboTaxInsider (https://www.turbotaxinsider.net/int...eB6Nql4UJRkm6eQArWS256ZA29-Hgp1caAlePEALw_wcB).

That page has links for the Win and Mac installers. You buy the license number for one and it should (I hope) work for the other, as long as you install on less than 6 computers.

No free TT from Fido so far this year. However I'm pleased to report i don't need it! I've ordered the 1040, schedule B and the HSA from the IRS via snail mail. Thanks to huge tIRA and Roth space I was finally able to place all investments out of the way. Now it's only cash in taxable. Tax filing is now a 15 minute chore with my only cost being an envelope and a couple stamps. Simplicity.

Last edited:
Is there any incremental value associated with Turbo Tax Premier vs. Deluxe to warrant the $25 difference in cost? A few years ago they took Schedule D out of Deluxe, but that was added back.

Just wanted to check before I made a purchase.

AFAIK the main difference is that Premier includes most everything in the interview (hand holding) process, while Deluxe can make you root around a bit in the forms themselves. Not a huge difference and may be irrelevant in most cases.

Anyway, you can always get the Deluxe and upgrade later to Premier if you feel it necessary to do so.

Fidelity PCG confirmed they will be providing TurboTax Premier for free to qualified clients after January 1, but they couldn't be more specific on the date. The offer will appear in the usual place, in Accounts Portfolio Summary.

Fidelity PCG confirmed they will be providing TurboTax Premier for free to qualified clients after January 1, but they couldn't be more specific on the date. The offer will appear in the usual place, in Accounts Portfolio Summary.

Thanks

I see the Mac download 2019 TurboTax Deluxe Federal only now available from Amazon for $29.98.

Newegg.com has, for email subscribers to their sales notices, 50% off for H&R Block Tax software through 12/27/2019. For example, Deluxe+State is $20, or H&R Block premium for $27.49, with the email promo code.

I forgot about this thread and started one about Turbo Premier being cheaper on disc than download on Amazon.

In any case, today, at least on my Amazon account, TurboTax Premier + State is $54.88 and includes same day delivery if your location qualifies. The download version is still listed at $69.99 which ain't no deal.

I forgot about this thread and started one about Turbo Premier being cheaper on disc than download on Amazon.

In any case, today, at least on my Amazon account, TurboTax Premier + State is $54.88 and includes same day delivery if your location qualifies. The download version is still listed at $69.99 which ain't no deal.
They did this last year on Deluxe. Ordering the disc was much cheaper than the download. Not this year though.

This morning, TurboTax Deluxe + State 2019 is $39.99 (includes $10 Amazon gift card), so it is effectively $29.99. Sold!

^^^^ Also, I can confirm that if you order the PC version, the license key works on a Mac too.

This morning, TurboTax Deluxe + State 2019 is $39.99 (includes $10 Amazon gift card), so it is effectively $29.99. Sold!

I just got the Premier download with Gift Card "Digital Deal" (which supposedly lasts to the end of today 12/28).

(Technically paid $54.98 for TT Premier + State Plus $10 Amazon Gift Card which is getting shipped to my house. It was recorded as $44.98 TT and $10 GC)

(Deluxe version was an option on the page I was on).
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YH3XNR6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

That link is a bit odd. I select turbo deluxe disc PC/MAC, then deluxe + state + $10 gift card, then the screen defaults back to "download version." So it seems that in order to get the gift card, I can only select the download version of turbo. No explanation as to why. I like the disc version because I do a couple federal returns for various relatives.

That link is a bit odd. I select turbo deluxe disc PC/MAC, then deluxe + state + $10 gift card, then the screen defaults back to "download version." So it seems that in order to get the gift card, I can only select the download version of turbo. No explanation as to why. I like the disc version because I do a couple federal returns for various relatives.
IIRC the download version allowed for 5(?) downloads using the same key.

Download the .exe installer, stick it on a cd, bam, you have a disc.

TurboTax Deluxe free via TRowe Price

FYI (for those who qualify) -

TurboTax Deluxe 2019 + eFile + State is available for $0.

Links showed when I logged in, and I just d/l a copy and made sure it worked.

I believe the qualifying requirements are >$1m across all accounts.

Back
Top Bottom