2022 Investment Performance Thread

Down a dozen even (80/20). Haven't changed any spending and most like will not even with it dropping farther. Live life and can't worry about the small things in life.

Down 8.2% YTD, all-in on 2/3 equities. Stable value fund in the 401k kept it from being worse. I do have a bond fund, but only because the tax bucket account where the funds are doesn't have the option for individual bonds. In the "old days" I didn't mind not being able to pick individual stocks or bonds, but I'm finding it more frustrating lately.

I seem to be about where I was at the end of April, down just under 5%. Equities now at 56% of PV.

Jan: -8.62% as interest rates are on the move, FOMC rate hike talk, Ukrainian invasion fears, and Omicron Virus continues to run rampant.
Feb: -11.48% What goes up, must come down? Lots of uncertainty, I know I am feeling the same as the market. A sad month for some indeed as the war machine moves on. If I look at the longer term 8yr avg it makes me "feel better' averaging +27% returns.
Mar: -9% This time isn't different Was a fun little "whee" ride this month
Apr: -19.66% Ready for us to move forward, instead of two steps back
May: -21.8% Here's hoping for a better month in the markets

Down 11.47% on my 82/18 portfolio.

Jan 31 - 4.3%
Feb 28 - 6.6%
Mar 31 - 4.8%
Apr 30 -11.6%
May 31 -11.5%

The trend is not my friend in this case.

-7.8% (55/45). I am surprised it wasn't worse. Exposure to energy/pipelines helped some.

Jan -1.83%
Feb +.03%
Mar +1.04%
Apr -4.31%
May +1.17%

YTD -3.94%

Current allocation 39% Equities/41% Bonds/20% Cash. Started the year cash heavy. Have been increasing equity holdings and decreasing cash over the last few months, to get allocation nearer our goal.

+7.4% YTD

Still heavy to energy but have been trimming a bit (down to 30% equities).

I wasn't able to calculate an end of month rate of return, but the mid-point of last week and this week is about -12%. That is down almost 4% from the 4/30/2022 number.

My equity percentage on 4/24 was about 28% and today it is around 34%.

New poster (to this thread).

As of 05/31
-8.7% YTD. AA 51% equities, 43% cash/bonds, 6% PM's/commodities.

Cash/bonds is mostly cash (stable income) or inflation adjusted. Longer term non-inflation adjusted is minimal.

PM/commodities includes a few equities - things like GLD, PSLV and some things like XLE, VDE.

Down around 9.5% YTD thru 6/3. Was -9.24% on 5/31.

I’ve been buying some equities as I have a couple of way underweight asset classes, but I’m also having to dodge some distribution dates.

Last edited:
Down 8.95% YTD at market close on June 1st.

I have reduced my stock AA from 60% to 45% since end of Jan. Jumped into Tech stocks too early and sold off for small losses.

I may move to 40% stocks this coming week. Easier to ignore the market swings with 40% loss potential versus 60%.

AA is 45% stocks, 35% pretax cash/Stable value, 10% iBonds, 10% cash/ckg/HSA.

Last edited:
Significantly less fun to post on these investment performance threads these days... :LOL:

Indexer, with a value tilt. Down approx. 14% YTD, since I'm mostly in stocks (~75.5% stocks, 13.5% REIT, 8.5% bonds, and the remaining ~2.5% in cash).

Investment calculations do not cover the rather large amount of cash and CDs I keep in banks and credit unions close to home. I plan to deploy a small portion of that cash into the stock market if/when the markets drop again.

On 63/7/30 AA:

Jan YTD -4.43%
Feb YTD -6.28%
Mar YTD -4.96%
Apr YTD -11.24%
May YTD -11.1%

I am down 13.7 percent from January 2022. Is anyone else now below what their investment portfolio value was in February 2020, right before covid?

When I did my monthly investment portfolio today, and saw that my value today is the lowest it has been since the start of 2022 and lower than what it was in February 2020, I found that a little depressing.

Oh well, I guess I will continue to just stick to the plan. I am about 60 percent stocks and 40 percent bonds. I did sell some stocks and bonds last year and put more cash aside, so I guess that is a good thing.

It sure feels like someone (cough cough W2R) must have whispered "whee".

I have the same feeling I did during much of 2008...

But am staying the course, and will rebalance within the next week or so.

Has anyone tried turning the stock market off and then back on again?

Rebooting seems to fix most of the problems with my electronic gadgets.

Has anyone tried turning the stock market off and then back on again?

Rebooting seems to fix most of the problems with my electronic gadgets.

No, the market seems to run 24/7.

Why, it must have. It often gaps down, meaning opens at a lower price than the close of the previous trading session. It still runs while we are sleeping. Down and down it goes.

Someone please pull the plug.

No, the market seems to run 24/7.

Why, it must have. It often gaps down, meaning opens at a lower price than the close of the previous trading session. It still runs while we are sleeping. Down and down it goes.

Someone please pull the plug.

With more interest rate increases coming, I don't see a trend upwards until inflation is put to bed. There is just too much liquidity in the system ($2 trillion) and $9 trillion of assets (MBS, TB's) on the Fed's balance sheet. QT will reduce the balance sheet and remove liquidity, but it may take 4 years or so.

Inflation will be killed with higher interest rates.

Many businesses will go BK along with all this.

Of course, all of the above is just my guess on this.

Back
Top Bottom