6 days of Westin Maui Resort & Spa for $698

Fedup

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I received this offer in the mail. Some how they know I'm going to Maui. I called to book for 2018 but they didn't have it available yet.
Anybody has experienced with this kind of offer? Is it worth my time to pay ahead and then book later. This offer includes car rental. I will be in Maui in Feb dead on the Valentine's week. A week I'm afraid will be full. My question is whether I should pay ahead before having any certainty that I will be able to use it.

Nope! Confirm availability, unless you know they'll give you your money back.

I did reject it yesterday, I have until Jun 27 so I thought I give it one last look.

You waste two hours of your life, that you'll never get back, looking at the timeshare property but otherwise it's a good deal. We found their timeshare tour to be quite painful a couple years ago when they were still selling the "north" property which is now the middle property. Good luck!

this sounds too good to be true. I just checked the rates in feb 2018 and the lowest rate was $500/night for a week. I would listen for 2 hours to save over 2k.

this sounds too good to be true. I just checked the rates in feb 2018 and the lowest rate was $500/night for a week. I would listen for 2 hours to save over 2k.
Exactly. But they confirm it's at that place.

You waste two hours of your life, that you'll never get back, looking at the timeshare property but otherwise it's a good deal. We found their timeshare tour to be quite painful a couple years ago when they were still selling the "north" property which is now the middle property. Good luck!
I'm not worrying about the time share. I can afford 2 hours and say no afterwards. I book to fly from French Polynesia island of Bora Bora to Maui, it's the only flight available for my free Hawaiian miles. So in short I have not booked the return flight yet. Around this time every year there will be airfare sales to/from Hawaii.

I've stayed at Westin Villas (timeshare) in Maui, it's down the road a short distance from the Westin Resort&Spa property. With the Westin Villas you really need to reserve a week at about 8 months out to ensure you get the dates you want, it fills up very quickly. Usually the key to taking advantage of the package you're being offered is being flexible in the dates you can travel and being able to travel on short notice. Did they say how far out you can make reservations?

I own (bought resale from someone that wanted to dump it and move on) at the Westin Kaanapali Resort Villas North and it is a very nice place area well worth 2 hours of timeshare talk and with rental that is a great deal. However, you need to confirm availability Feb is a very hard time to get a room at the resort.

OK - the one I'm talking about below is the new Westin Nanea Ocean Villas, Ka'anapali. The Resort and Spa you name is at the other (crowded) end of the beach, next to Whaler's Village mall.

If it's the one at the north end of Kaanapali Beach it's a gorgeous property and a great location. We admired it from the beach where we often snorkeled, so we toured it last year when we were staying next door, but declined any benefits for the full tour. I wanted to see what the rooms were like, and they were amazing. We still ended up with a big pitch but I didn't mind because I was fascinated by how these things were sold. Timeshares don't make sense for us, as we don't return to the same locations each year or two, and certainly not on some fixed schedule. Yes, I know things can be swapped around, yet we rarely stay at those types of resorts. It's also a commitment with maintenance fees for the rest of your life, and your heirs. It was interesting, as it was our first timeshare pitch and I even reviewed the numbers afterwards to try to understand the "timeshare lifestyle ". At least we stumbled onto a gem of a property.

Just north of their new north construction is a set of condo towers that are super popular but we didn't stay there either because lodgers were complaining about the construction next door. I'd consider that location for renting only. Honua Kai, I think. Duke's is right there and it ended up being our favorite restaurant.

We splurged to spend several nights at the fabulous Napili Kai to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary before moving down to Kaanapali beach to and older property that was OK, but a bit of a letdown. Actually, it was a excellent location and nice sprawling grounds, well maintained and peaceful, and way better than the crowded high rises just south of the Sheraton, yet within walking distance of all the places worth going. It was just outdated and I didn't care for the loft bedroom.

Last edited:
I have to be very careful with DW. We say "well, we'll just go for the 'free' (fill in the blank)" or cheap time-share presentation. Next thing I know, DW wants to buy it. I've had to get her out of at least a couple of these kinds of things. So, "Know thyself!" is applicable. YMMV

Bringing back this thread to say that I just stayed next to the new Westin Nanea Ocean Villas. It was nice but I preferred where we were staying because it has a large lanai, much better than a small balcony. This trip reminds me I had a good reason not to book at the Westin because my husband and I don't like to eat out all the time. So I need a place that I can cook a light meal. For example, we went to Dukes a few times when we got there but after a few meals, my husband got sick of the food. One night, he ordered steak and vegetables, but the vegetables were so greasy that he almost puked. From then on, I bought steak from Wholefoods and made easy dinner, not too elaborated, with nice steamed vegetables for him. Save money and hassle. Plus my husband eats lots of vegetables with his protein so it was fairly healthy meals comparing to eating out.

OK, why does one want to go to a resort in HI versus traveling the island(s) seeing & doing? I mean if you're staying in one place aren't there more affordable places to go? You can get sunny weather & pools & resorts in a lot of places. Thanks.

We've been to all 4 islands already. This is pretty affordable to us anyway, it works out to be about $100 a day so that's why I was tempted.

I received this offer in the mail. Some how they know I'm going to Maui. I called to book for 2018 but they didn't have it available yet.
Anybody has experienced with this kind of offer? Is it worth my time to pay ahead and then book later. This offer includes car rental. I will be in Maui in Feb dead on the Valentine's week. A week I'm afraid will be full. My question is whether I should pay ahead before having any certainty that I will be able to use it.

We have done these pay ahead, book later deals in Hawaii two times with Sheraton and it has been great. I paid and booked during the same phone call. I would have no compunction booking with Westin in that they are equally as credible as Sheraton. I read the small print carefully, and there was no obligation to sit through a time share presentation, so it was no different than if we had booked a hotel on our own.

If the small print is reasonable, I say book.

Back
Top Bottom