A creative look at rosyln long island-photos

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
my wife and i took a drive over by the clock tower early new years morning for some photos.
we did a little creative hdr work on a few for a more artsey look.
755522972_cRXif-L.jpg

755522405_PqBa8-L.jpg

755523560_y9kgL-L.jpg

755521696_qeETg-L.jpg

755521464_Denjs-L.jpg

755520362_XfaFV-L.jpg

755520947_6vqaZ-L.jpg

755519848_R7q6h-L.jpg

Wow! Love the waterwheel photo (both real and touched up) - wish I could have it as a painting in my house!

No kidding! These are spectacular! Thanks!!! Some look like oil paintings. You are getting really creative with your photos now.

the hdr photos are pretty cool... normally one exposure cant capture the entire scene because the cameras sensors range isnt wide enough to encompass white snow and dark objects. everything just looks awful..

by shooting as many as 9 different exposures and merging them i can capture the entire scene in all its detail.

i can then play around with such a wide range of tones and alter them to the point of being sureal

755654521_Fm2PF-L.jpg

755653816_PYtkm-L.jpg

These are really neat! I wonder if there's a name for this media -- it's hardly photography anymore (in a good, artistic way).

its called high dynamic range phototography or simply hdr.

its done by merging multiple different exposures of the same scene and encompassing the entire range from dark to light just like our eyes see.

no camera sensor can really see as wide as our eyes. now heres the problem , no monitor we have or printer can print a range that wide.

sooooo like compressing a slinky to put in a smaller box i have to compress the photo's range. but depending if i just squeeze it in evenely or if i pinch it in different spots to make it smaller i can control the look.

the look can range from normal to a highly detailed normal to painting like or even like a bad lsd trip...

i use software called photomatix

Back
Top Bottom