A Different Type of Surround Sound System--Wireless and No Stereo Needed!

Qs Laptop

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I stumbled on this product months ago when I was researching wireless surround speakers for my stereo system. I didn't buy the system but I did buy some of the company's stock (ticker WISA).

Basically the system is a 5.1 surround system that is completely wireless. You don't even need a stereo AV receiver because each speaker has a built-in amplifier. The system is tuned for maximum sound quality. The catch is that each speaker needs to be plugged into a wall outlet. Cost is $1,099, but remember you are getting 5 speakers, including subwoofer, and no expense for a stereo receiver. No complicated setup of running wires, dealing with another remote control, etc. You just plug the control box into your TV via an HDMI cable (or optical cable) and use your TV's remote.

Here is a review of one of the systems, the Enclave CineHome PRO CineHub Edition. The writer is an audiophile and was shocked at how good the system sounded, especially for dialog.

https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/e...isa-wireless-speaker-system-full-review.7610/

Here is the manufacturers website for this model:
https://www.enclaveaudio.com/collec...lave-cinehome-ii-wireless-home-theater-system

There is also a system available with larger speakers and larger subwoofer.

It might meet the needs of people that don't want to hassle with a complicated setup process with AVR stereo, don't want to learn a new remote, and don't want to run wires to speakers.

It's got one ugly looking 3 year stock chart!:facepalm:

The technology was fairly new three years ago. Good thing I got in for $3 back in early March. Company announced late yesterday they have a dedicated section on Amazon for their product showcase and the stock is going bonkers today. Up over 40%, after a 17% gain yesterday, when they announced that Toshiba's top tier line of TV's were going to have the WISA wireless transmitter built into the TV.

Anyway, here are the speaker sets on Amazon. Brands are Klipsch, Harmon Kardon, Axiim, Enclace, Platin, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/...&visitId=57a485f2-0fb9-48fa-9446-77f8d8ddda44

There are also Amazon pages for TV's with the technology built-in and a page with the wireless transmitters.

Last edited:

Here is a review of one of the systems, the Enclave CineHome PRO CineHub Edition. The writer is an audiophile and was shocked at how good the system sounded, especially for dialog. ....

Well, he basically said it sounded better than the TV speakers, which isn't saying much.

Those speakers seem pretty small, and he kind of acknowledged they are OK for a bedroom, maybe not a large room.

Might be fine for your needs, like so many things, "it depends".

Do these use Bluetooth, or some other format? He mentioned no latency, but did he measure it? My Bluetooth headset drives me nuts on some videos. I guess my brain has adapted to the lip sync issues, but when I watch a wood working video, and you see a hammer hit the nail, and then.... "BAM!" a fraction of a second later, or the "Swipe" of sandpaper is out of sync with the hand motion, it's really unnerving.

I've since learned that all Bluetooth audio has ~ 200mS latency, and that's quite a bit (1/5th second). OK, @ 1100 feet/second, that's like someone 220 feet away. An echo off a wall 110' away is very noticeable.

Personally, I like wires on my speakers, the way god intended! :)

Also, it's misleading to say "You don't even need a stereo AV receiver because each speaker has a built-in amplifier.". The stereo (multi-channel actually) receiver is just replaced by a "control box":

"You just plug the control box into your TV via an HDMI cable..."

-ERD50

...Cost is $1,099, but remember you are getting 5 speakers, including subwoofer, ....

That's actually 5 speakers PLUS sub, so 6 speakers.

Two ways to look at that:

Half Full: "Look at all you get for $1,099!"

Half Empty: "When you get all that for $1,099, you really have to think about how that means they put very little $ into each item. Can you really get much quality into 6 powered speakers and a control module at only an average retail of ~ $150 per item, or ~ $75 per item if you consider the amp and speaker each?"

Maybe sufficient quality for your needs. As I say "it depends".

-ERD50

Well, he basically said it sounded better than the TV speakers, which isn't saying much.

Those speakers seem pretty small, and he kind of acknowledged they are OK for a bedroom, maybe not a large room.

Do these use Bluetooth, or some other format? He mentioned no latency, but did he measure it? My Bluetooth headset drives me nuts on some videos. I guess my brain has adapted to the lip sync issues, but when I watch a wood working video, and you see a hammer hit the nail, and then.... "BAM!" a fraction of a second later, or the "Swipe" of sandpaper is out of sync with the hand motion, it's really unnerving.

I've since learned that all Bluetooth audio has ~ 200mS latency, and that's quite a bit (1/5th second). OK, @ 1100 feet/second, that's like someone 220 feet away. An echo off a wall 110' away is very noticeable.

Also, it's misleading to say "You don't even need a stereo AV receiver because each speaker has a built-in amplifier.". The stereo (multi-channel actually) receiver is just replaced by a "control box":

-ERD50
Yes. I had very similar feelings when I read that review as well.:cool:
I also hate latency issues so much so that I can not watch certain you tube and other programming.

The technology was fairly new three years ago. Good thing I got in for $3 back in early March. Company announced late yesterday they have a dedicated section on Amazon for their product showcase and the stock is going bonkers today. Up over 40%, after a 17% gain yesterday, when they announced that Toshiba's top tier line of TV's were going to have the WISA wireless transmitter built into the TV.

Anyway, here are the speaker sets on Amazon. Brands are Klipsch, Harmon Kardon, Axiim, Enclace, Platin, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/...&visitId=57a485f2-0fb9-48fa-9446-77f8d8ddda44

There are also Amazon pages for TV's with the technology built-in and a page with the wireless transmitters.

$3 was a great deal for you. Would not have wanted to be the ones that paid over a $100 a few years ago though:)

-ERD50
Me too. Still rocking the old 2 channel stereo system I bought in 1994. Still love the sound of my floor standing Snell speakers with some mid audiophile quality separates(amp, preamp, tuner, disc player) and will always have them.
I did add a separate add on 5.1 channel surround sound processor/amp that puts out 100 watts to each of the rear channels and i think 50 to the center channel. Bought a nice Snell center channel but never did get the rear surrounds and never have even run it that way:facepalm:
DW doesn't really want all those large speakers and boxes in front of the TV:LOL:
Guess that could be the argument for a small discreetly disguised home theater in a box system with all the tiny speakers. Can't bring myself to do that though. We just don't watch a lot of TV period.
Would much rather just listen to music and we leave the local classical radio station (WCRB Boston) on all day as background and it still sounds great thru the Snells.

Do these use Bluetooth, or some other format?

Uses radio waves at a higher frequency than bluetooth. I can't remember the exact frequency range.

-ERD50

Yes, the control box is the wireless transmitter. It sends out the RF signal carrying the audio to each speaker. The speakers receive the audio signal and each speaker has a built-in amplifier that converts the RF signal into sound waves. It is true that you don't need a audio-visual stereo receiver (AVR.)

Last edited:
$3 was a great deal for you. Would not have wanted to be the ones that paid over a $100 a few years ago though:)

Yes, I sold yesterday, took my profits. The overall trade has a nice symmetry to it, I'd say.

Stock is plummeting today, under $4.00.

WISA Trade.png

That's actually 5 speakers PLUS sub, so 6 speakers.

Two ways to look at that:

Half Full: "Look at all you get for $1,099!"

Half Empty: "When you get all that for $1,099, you really have to think about how that means they put very little $ into each item. Can you really get much quality into 6 powered speakers and a control module at only an average retail of ~ $150 per item, or ~ $75 per item if you consider the amp and speaker each?"

Maybe sufficient quality for your needs. As I say "it depends".

Yes, well my personal system has a 15" 600 watt subwoofer, a 12" 350 watt subwoofer, two L/R towers with four 5 1/4 drivers, large 3 way center speaker, and a 110 watt AVR. I'm getting rear surround speakers soon. So, no, this sort of wireless system would not be my choice.

But there's a lot of people on ER talking about having difficulty hearing dialogue and they don't want to get the full-blown AVR system. (Low end AVR's cost $400 or more.) I thought I would post this for people that don't want to mess with a complicated stereo system and want quality sound from their TV. It's obviously going to be better than any sound bar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom