A friend is attacked; I am at a loss for words...

kaudrey

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A friend of mine was attacked yesterday not far from her home. She has multiple fractures to her face and jawbone. They won't schedule surgery for at least a week because of the huge amount of swelling.

I am stunned and saddened; I have sent flowers; she lives on the opposite coast....I feel helpless; except to pray for her quick recovery.

Thanks for listening.

Karen

What a scarey thing . My husband and I were attacked in the Bahamas years ago . We only suffered bruises but I had many nightmares after that and I'm still nervous when someone walks to close to me . I hope your friend makes a swift recovery .

Did you find out any particulars? Was she being mugged or robbed?
Scary world, eh?
I know she appreciates your being there for her, by the way. That is the kindest thing you can do for her right now.

Perhaps better than flowers, write her a note telling her what her friendship means to you.

Walt - she got that with the flowers...

Orchid - She was approached by two men while walking on the beach near her apartment. It was nighttime but not too late. They beat her unconscious, totally unprovoked, and left her there. The cops think drugs and/or alcohol were likely involved.

She is apparently in pretty good spirits, considering what she has gone through. She feels that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and if it wasn't her it would have been someone else.

She needs surgery to reconstruct the left side of her face. Although her left eye is swollen shut, they were able to determine that her vision should be OK once the swelling goes down.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Karen

So sorry to hear about your friend. It's always shocking when something like that happens to a friend or relative. Thankfully it wasn't worse.

I would think knowing that you are there and thinking about her is a big help.

Karen,

I am sorry to hear about your friend. You are also in my thoughts as I'm sure this is unsettling for you as well.

2Cor521

Got any extra cash around?

Consider buying her an ipod and preloading it with books on tape and great music. She's going to get mighty tired of daytime tv in the next few weeks.

It's sad when someone is attacked like this. But for the grace of god it could have been any of us. It is shocking how often one hears about something like this. I hope your friend makes a complete recovery.

Got any extra cash around?

Consider buying her an ipod and preloading it with books on tape and great music. She's going to get mighty tired of daytime tv in the next few weeks.

That's a great idea - she probably won't be able to read easily for a while, and might not even be able to get the stuff loaded herself.

Maybe even a little speaker to go with it - sometimes the earplugs can get a bit annoying after a while.

My son knows someone who was recently beaten and left unconscious and would have died if there were not people around that called 911 to get him help in a short time. I don't know if there was any provocation on his part (nothing would justify a beating like this of course), I'm assuming not, but it is really scary to think that out of the blue a parent could get a phone call like that.

Sounds like your friend is in good spirits. Good for her, and good for you for helping out.

-ERD50

I'm sorry about your friend. I know the feeling all too well. May she recover fully...physically and mentally.

Kaudrey - I'm sorry to hear that. I guess all you can do is be a good friend and say some prayers for her. I think it's much worse to deal with this kind of thing after it happens....what I mean is - she will likely be dealing with it every day (being scared to go out by herself) - which in a way is worse than the event itself.

It's scary to think that a human being will inflict this type of injury on another. I'm glad to hear that your friend survived and will be keeping her in my thoughts for a quick physical and emotional recovery from this traumatic experience.

I agree with Danger Mouse.

This whole world is way too violent. I can't turn on the tv without seeing violence on nearly every channel! Sports are getting so violent they are almost un-watchable as well.

We had a guy get shot and killed by where we live and they never found out who did it. I hope they find who hurt your friend.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom