A little ISP advice?

noworkethic

Recycles dryer sheets
MY internet provider service is expiring and will double in price beginning soon.
Can anyone be kind hearted enough to let me know if they have a good dsl service at a good price? Thanks in advance.

I use Earthlink DSL 6.0Mbps. Monthy cost of service & modem/router is about $60. I've had it for about 4 maybe 5 years...NEVER had any problems, and only once was there a 'down time' while they were changing out some equipment at our local telco.....only about 3 hours in the middle of the night...and they notified us several days in advance! And the 2 or 3 times that I've called their tech support foks, they were very congenial and helpful....and American! Worth every cent of it to me! FAST!!! RELIABLE!!! :D

Verizon DSL.

29.99 month for the high speed version. Very reliable, very helpful on the phone the one or two times in three years it's been down.

Highly recommended.

I use Earthlink DSL 6.0Mbps. Monthy cost of service & modem/router is about $60. I've had it for about 4 maybe 5 years...NEVER had any problems, and only once was there a 'down time' while they were changing out some equipment at our local telco.....only about 3 hours in the middle of the night...and they notified us several days in advance! And the 2 or 3 times that I've called their tech support foks, they were very congenial and helpful....and American! Worth every cent of it to me! FAST!!! RELIABLE!!! :D

I also have Earthlink. I'm on dial-up, so I can't give you any info on their high-speed service, but I ratify Goonie's remarks about reliability and tech support. I'm a satisfied customer of several years' standing. Also, if you're a Mac user, Earthlink is very Mac-friendly.

ATT DSL. $10 (but ya gotta find that special deal on their web page.... govt mandated price they try to hide). Works fine.

The El Cheapo version of Verizon DSL, ~$15/month. Very reliable, but has been down a few times for short periods, I think mostly from somebody driving into a telephone pole.

We dropped Comcast cable internet because they were too unreliable and would go down for days at a time. Others have had the reverse experience between the two so apparently you pays your money and takes your chances.

I also have Earthlink. I'm on dial-up, so I can't give you any info on their high-speed service, but I ratify Goonie's remarks about reliability and tech support. I'm a satisfied customer of several years' standing.......
I originally got Earthlink for the dial-up service for when we traveled, because my old dsl service provider didn't offer any option for dial-up except from your home. The Earthlink dial-up was cheap & reliable....so when I finally got fed up with my old isp, I switched to over to the Earthlink DSL, which still includes the ability (if ever needed) to use their dial-up service....like if I end up in a hotel that doesn't offer high-speed internet.....and that ain't too likely to happen 'cause I check BEFORE I book....NO internet = NO reservation for me!!! ;)

MY internet provider service is expiring and will double in price beginning soon.
Can anyone be kind hearted enough to let me know if they have a good dsl service at a good price? Thanks in advance.

Have you tried calling them and saying you are "thinking of switching" since the price is too much.?They may refer you to someone, or maybe they, will give you the "retention price". I do that every two years and they "retain" me at the same price I was paying for two years. My price has not changed in 4 years and I do have HS Cable RR service in a "package" that includes LD/Local phone service and Cable TV. It may be worth a shot.

That said, a friend of mine just got the AT&T ASDL $10 package. He likes it although he was coming from MSN Dial up. No muss no fuss hook up was a breeze.

Have you tried calling them and saying you are "thinking of switching" since the price is too much.?They may refer you to someone, or maybe they, will give you the "retention price". I do that every two years and they "retain" me at the same price I was paying for two years. My price has not changed in 4 years and I do have HS Cable RR service in a "package" that includes LD/Local phone service and Cable TV. It may be worth a shot.

Same here. Mediacom cable, the service doubled after the year was up. I called to cancel, not trying to play them, and they gave me another year at the same price. Included internet and cable with some premium channels. Could have gotten a better price if I went with them for phone service too.

Rustward said he/she is using VZ DSL even though FiOS is available. Not me. I used to have FiOS, but moved out of the area for it. Would kill to have it back. The price difference is worth it, unless you're down to eating cat food. And even then I'd consider it. The tuna flavor isn't too bad. :D

Back
Top Bottom