A week or two ago DD and BF bid on a home...

The best moisture meter has little tines that can penetrate drywall.

Have they checked to see if the mold remediation company has a warranty? And if it is transferable?

They should stand behind their work.

DD and BF are getting an home inspection. I cant help but keep thinking ....Lost his job? I suppose anything is possible.

Care to chime in?

Don't worry so much.

DD will have an easy opportunity to back out after the inspection if she should decide to do so. Inspectors always find something. You can always use that something to back out.

Personally, I'd be more worried about my unmarried DD and her BF purchasing a house together. Way too many things could go wrong here. I'd feel far more comfortable if either one purchased the house on their own. But that's me...

Last edited:
An update is due. The home inspector found a bunch of things that need to be addressed none of which was mold or any evidence of water. What he did observe was a crawl space large with little vertical room with a professional vapor barrier added. Having inspected homes in the neighborhood and knowing the remediation company it was well done. And he’s seen that particular remediation often.

That is a relief.

Now to address the issue of the home title. I agree with the above poster that involving the BF is problematic.

I honestly don't worry about my grown kids and this stuff. Sometimes these are the very good lessons to learn (for them).

Yoga, I don’t either and we never involved our parents in any of our decisions. I think it’s better that way so no hard feelings if the decision is regretted.

Back
Top Bottom