Aetna Access Dental Plan

PERSonalTime

Recycles dryer sheets
Has anyone ever used Aetna Access Dental plans? How does it work and how expensive is it?

Can't speak to that plan specifically, but every time the topic comes up, the consensus is that unless the plan is subsidized by an employer, it is not worth the premiums. Some dentists give a cash discount.

I went to the Dentist in August. Dentist said I needed crown, Technician quoted me prices. She said crown price was $1,454 but since I was cash pay and no insurance the price was $1,090.50.

I said "but I do have insurance" Aetna Dental Access that I purchased online for $29 and $10 per month. She then said Okay the price for the crown is $746

I knew this Dentist accepted Aetna Dental Access, (that is why I went to his practice)

Aetna Dental Access does not pay anything but does get you network prices.

As you can see it worked for me.

Does anyone know if it's available in California?

Before you sign up, get a list of "participating" dentists, and then confirm that there is one you want to go to,

then call that office and confirm that they participate (sometimes the information you get from the salespeople is not up-to-date with actual participation lists),

My Anthem dental plan doesn't cover major work the first year you have it. Check the wait period when doing an analysis, as you may be looking at 2 years of premiums for the break even.

Has anyone ever used Aetna Access Dental plans? How does it work and how expensive is it?

If you're talking about this $100/yr. plan, yeah that's the one we got last year. It was the one our dentist office recommended for cash payers and basically pays for itself with the discount on cleanings and exams. Then it saves us money on fillings and other restorative work.

Most other open market dental insurance is not worth the money IMO, because of the annual caps and the cost.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom