Agent for Medigap plan and Part D?

fh2000

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am ready to begin Medicare on January 2021. I am in California. I have decided to use Medigap and a generic Park D. I see my Medicare number online in SSA already but still waiting for my actual card. I called BoomerBenifits, though they have limited number of companies that they contract with for my area.

Are there any other reputable agencies that you would use for California area?

What is "a generic Part D?"

What is "a generic Part D?"

My terminology for the cheapest Part D plan since I do not take any prescriptions. BoomerBenefits quoted one with Aetna for $7 a month. But I want to see any other Agencies would get me a cheaper Medigap Plan G in my area.

I am ready to begin Medicare on January 2021. I am in California. I have decided to use Medigap and a generic Park D. I see my Medicare number online in SSA already but still waiting for my actual card. I called BoomerBenifits, though they have limited number of companies that they contract with for my area.

I've had good experiences with www.seniorsavingsnetwork.org

omni

My terminology for the cheapest Part D plan since I do not take any prescriptions. BoomerBenefits quoted one with Aetna for $7 a month.
OK. I was guessing that's what you meant but wasn't completely sure since "generic" isn't a term typically applied to a Part D plan.
But I want to see any other Agencies would get me a cheaper Medigap Plan G in my area.
Have you looked on the Medicare site to see what is available in your area for both Part D and Medigap? It's a pretty useful tool that even I understood.

OK. I was guessing that's what you meant but wasn't completely sure since "generic" isn't a term typically applied to a Part D plan. Have you looked on the Medicare site to see what is available in your area for both Part D and Medigap? It's a pretty useful tool that even I understood.

Yes. I do see more insurance companies available in my zip code, though BoomerBenefits have no contracts with them. I would like to use an agent to purchase the plan, and hopefully can help me with future services just like BoomerBenefits.

I've had good experiences with www.seniorsavingsnetwork.org
+1 Also, https://www.senior65.com/

I called BoomerBenefits, though they have limited number of companies that they contract with for my area....
But I want to see any other Agencies would get me a cheaper Medigap Plan G in my area.
California Medigap rates are listed on the CA DOI website below. They run a few months behind on updates so the rates may not exactly match Boomer. UHC/AARP is listed under 'group'. Sometimes, reputable agencies contract with a limited number of companies in a state because the others are not competitive or don't have a proven track record.

CA Medigap Rates: https://interactive.web.insurance.ca.gov/apex_extprd/f?p=111:31:::NO:SESSION

California’s Medicare supplemental insurance “Birthday Rule” allows Medigap members to switch to an equal or lessor-benefit Medigap plan on their birthday. CA residents now have 60 days after their birthday to switch. Members who take advantage of this switching law cannot be turned down for the new plan because of a pre-existing condition.

Reference: https://www.senior65.com/medicare/article/how-does-californias-new-medigap-birthday-rule-work

I have found medicare.gov to be an excellent site for comparing Part D plans , shows the monthly cost, plus the medicine cost for the next year (both of them).
The costs are based on which pharmacy you use when you get a plan.

I just looked up for a relative, and he will be saving $900 per year by switching from the plan he has had for over 10 years. He didn't know about the medicare.gov site, so couldn't compare.

I found that in our state that state farm insurance offered a plan G for you significantly lower premium then all other plans offered by local agents. They also added a discount for paying the full one year premium in advance we saved over $50 a month per person by switching to State Farm from CIGNA and Humana.

Obviously the only people selling State Farm plan G will be your local state farm insurance agent if they do offer in California. That you can check on the state website.

Back
Top Bottom