Ah, ye olde bucket!

Act2

Recycles dryer sheets
So - the BS bucket had a challenging day. I am OMY, have been for awhile. I get close to calling it quits, then something happens to keep me engaged at work. The FI part is all good. The RE part, well it wouldn’t be early by now. But I’ve been so enjoying the last six months, a definite great work situation these many months, better than it had been for a quite awhile. Except today - the bucket was so close to overflowing. So close.

Going to see what the world, and the bucket, look like in the morning. Might be joining you leisurely folks sooner rather than later.

Every day worked is one less day you can do your own agenda.

It's just math.

Act2, good description of the feelings leading up to retirement…should I or shouldn’t I?

I retired last week. No qualms about leaving my job which had become less challenging and stressful due to commute back to office.

Glad the FI part is good. That gives you the flexibility to RE or anytime when the none financial parts indicate you are ready.

Good luck.

If your bucket is getting that full, it may be time to empty the bucket since FI has been achieved. There are other more rewarding things that can be done with ones time.

Can absolutely relate to the OMY vs. BS Bucket conundrum. Of course, at some point, the BS bucket will most definitely overflow - just try to exit before it becomes a stinky mess.

One way or the other, I hope today is better for you.

Sorry to hear about the stress at work - but it is good to have options.

Every day worked is one less day you can do your own agenda.

It's just math.
Monte,
Had breakfast with former coworkers recently. One guy still working, but he is FI.
Big story about known incompetent manager blaming him for that manager's mistakes.

I don't understand why he stays.
Says OMY, so he can get Medicare insurance.

He can get insurance through the company for $500/month, so $6k for a year of his life to live without the BS.

I'm thrilled to be out of there.

Ugh.

I remember someone once mentioned "2 bad days equals 2 weeks' notice"

If the finances are in order, I would leave sooner than later. That said, you have the option of saying to the powers that be, my BS bucket is to full, find ways to reduce it or I'm leaving. They may accommodate you.

Hope you have a better day today, whichever way you decide to go.
If the financials are there, it is much easier to decide to leave!

Hi y’all! Thank you for the support and encouragement. Loved all your comments. Today was better, yes. But I am starting to look a bit differently at the calendar!!

Yep--only so many days here on earth, fill them however you wish.

Back
Top Bottom