AirPods 3

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
I’ve had a delay in receiving an iPhone SE 2022 that I ordered. While waiting around I found I’d missed an announcement of AirPods 3 in 2021.

I’d been hoping to see a new AirPods Pro to replace some older Bose earbuds (perfectly fine but the battery was starting to fail).

The AirPods 3 seemed to be what I was looking for and they are. I especially like the shorter stem that does away with the “Brando with a smoke hanging out his ear” look.

Very pleased with the sound and price. I bought from Apple but I think you can save a little at Amazon.

Another review:

https://bgr.com/tech/apple-airpods-3-news/

[ADDED] This article was helpful to me too:

https://appletoolbox.com/airpods-3-tips-and-tricks/

Last edited:
I got the original AirPods and like them very much. Still use them now and then.

When the original AirPod Pro came out I was blown away by their noise reduction capability, not too different from Bose over-the-ear headphones. I've used them on airplanes several times with great success.

I would recommend AirPods, whichever version you like, to anyone. A truly great product.

I know you did not ask about Head Phones, but ms gamboolgal and I have His & Hers of the Air Pods Max
Do recommend
I used Bose Quiet Comfort Headphones over 20 years of International travel and in our opinion the Air Pods Max are superior in every way.
gamboolman....
8HQ5iq3l.png

I used Bose Quiet Comfort Headphones over 20 years of International travel and in our opinion the Air Pods Max are superior in every way.

Interesting. I was a Quiet Comfort user too (still have them) and loved them. The last couple of flights I took I brought them only for noise cancelling. It makes a big difference.

I recently bought a pair of Air Pods2. I haven’t talked with them yet, but am really impressed with the sound quality. I also love not having wires any longer. I am a little surprised that they don’t fit A little more snug.

I had the original AirPods, but the shape of my ear and the AirPods aren’t compatible. I gave them to my sister in law and she loves them.
I do like the Bose QuietComfort headphones. I’ve had them for years.

I had the original AirPods, but the shape of my ear and the AirPods aren’t compatible. I gave them to my sister in law and she loves them.
I do like the Bose QuietComfort headphones. I’ve had them for years.

You may want to try AirPods Pro, as they fit differently and have various sizes of tips to further customize them.

For over the ear 'phones, I agree the Bose are very good, but IMO the Sony ones are far superior in noise cancellation capability.

I’ve been using Bose QC35 for mowing the past 5 years, very happy with them. Picked up AirPods 3 this year for cleaning, dog walking, etc. very happy with those also. Sony is coming out with new headphones shortly, WH-1000XM5.

I really like the way you can find the AirPods charge level with the Batteries widget. Installed it just for that. It’s described in the tips article linked in the opening post of this thread.

I had the original AirPods, but the shape of my ear and the AirPods aren’t compatible.

My ears don’t work with AirPods either.

I have the Beats Fit Pro Earbuds and love them. They basically have the same features as the latest AirPods - Noise Canceling, Surround Sound, and the almost magical ability to connect and switch between my various devices. I can be listening to music on the iPhone and when I play short video on the iPad it switches to the iPad, then switches back to the music on the iPhone automatically. So nice.

Back
Top Bottom